Programming & Scripting

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 868Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

Post Topic: Modifying a render mesh while untouching the physics mesh
PostPosted 17.03.2012, 03:08 
http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... t+Run-time

That is what I'm going off of.

Ok, so for an example, I have a pulsating sphere I want to make, I have a normal sphere with a simple sphere proxy. I want to keep the physics mesh a simple sphere so I don't need to worry about ridiculous calculations. If I use the method to only modify the render mesh, will the physics proxy remain, or will I need to somehow recreate it and reapply it?

EDIT: I might as well add a little question here: Does the NULL term actually point to a value in CryEngine (like 0), or is it C++?

BEWARE: Flaming aliens are generally more grumpy than normal ones.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.10.2010, 16:07Posts: 80 Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: Modifying a render mesh while untouching the physics mes
PostPosted 17.03.2012, 13:46 
If you modify the render mesh at runtime the physical mesh should stay untouched by the changes.

The physical mesh doesnt refresh by itself.

The NULL defines 0. Its not defined in the ce solution but in the WinDef.h of the windows framework. This normally gets used to ensure NULL is 0 when your project supports multiple compilers.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 16.06.2010, 11:41Posts: 868Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Modifying a render mesh while untouching the physics mes
PostPosted 17.03.2012, 21:45 
Thank You very much.

BEWARE: Flaming aliens are generally more grumpy than normal ones.