View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 20.03.2008, 06:45Posts: 808 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: [Finished]The Mutant Factor Full Version
PostPosted 29.03.2012, 05:05 
I would say that F.E.A.R. and Half-Life were more my inspiration but, while I'm not a fan of Doom3's gameplay, I did like the aesthetic. I guess that did carry through.

Yes, I have been a member of the Crytek modding community since 2007. I just have not been as active on the forums because I have been working on my own mod and more folks are focused on Cryegine 3. I can't day that I blame them, I just had to finish mine first and now I start having fun with CE3! :))

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.06.2008, 22:11Posts: 4307Location: Oulu, Finland Likes: 7

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 07:04 
Looks fine  :)

Great you had the patience to finish the job  :D

Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 01.12.2009, 22:36Posts: 737Location: Egypt Likes: 1

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 16:18 
Congratulations bro, I'm really proud of you! I like people who never leave their wip mods for whatever =)
I'll be waiting for the release ;D
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 13.12.2011, 19:25Posts: 511Location: Argentina Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 17:21 
when I ask If you belong to an entire family of modders, is because I see the lastname McHenry a lot of times in the credits.
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 20.03.2008, 06:45Posts: 808 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 17:31 
Oh, you meant family in the very real sense and not just "family" in the euphemistic sense. In that case then no, I don't know of any family members that do this.

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys. The mod is actually available for download now at ModDB. I just uploaded the files here at Crydev and they are awaiting approval.

Also, the Crysis version is awaiting approval for Desura so don't use that link just yet since it will download the old demo version. I will post when it is available.

Unfortunately, the Crysis Wars version will not be available through Desura despite the link they provide on the page. (I can't get rid of that link)

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 11.03.2009, 19:43Posts: 1754Location: in da hood Likes: 20

PostPosted 29.03.2012, 19:38 
looks good waiting for the release

"I gots to talk. I gotta tell what I feel."

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 01:44 
The Mod is finally available on ModDB and Desura for the Crysis version and ModDB for the Crysis Wars version. I'm still awaiting approval from Crydev before they will be available here.

Enjoy!!!!

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 01:44 
The Mod is finally available on ModDB and Desura for the Crysis version and ModDB for the Crysis Wars version. I'm still awaiting approval from Crydev before they will be available here.

Enjoy!!!!

Oops! Double post - sorry

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 13:47 
The mod is now available in the Projects area of Crydev. You can also play it through Desura or download it from MOdDB.

Here are the Crydev links:

For wars: dm_eds/download.php?id=235
For Vanilla Crysis: dm_eds/download.php?id=233

ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mutant-fa ... ull-crysis
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mutant-fa ... crysiswars

Desura: http://www.desura.com/mods/the-mutant-factor

Enjoy!

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 09.08.2011, 08:58Posts: 334Location: Moskow, Russia Likes: 4

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 14:06 
Hi, MCKool !
Sooo... I played in your mod. It like F.E.A.R. 2 . I had a lot of fun!
There are my marks:
Level design - 8, very good detal of corridors and atmosphere, but first level not so good.
Gameplay - 10, it realy like F.E.A.R. ,and with nanosuit it's more fun !
Sounds - 9, Good job dude!
Story - 9 , Very interesting , and girl's voice is like Alma's voice. :)
And last - fear - 6 , sorry, but for me it is not fear, but atmosphere.
Conclusion: good parody on F.E.A.R. :)
Thanks a lot for very good mod!

PostPosted 30.03.2012, 17:42 
Quote by megalolpronoob:
Hi, MCKool !
Sooo... I played in your mod. It like F.E.A.R. 2 . I had a lot of fun!
There are my marks:
Level design - 8, very good detal of corridors and atmosphere, but first level not so good.
Gameplay - 10, it realy like F.E.A.R. ,and with nanosuit it's more fun !
Sounds - 9, Good job dude!
Story - 9 , Very interesting , and girl's voice is like Alma's voice. :)
And last - fear - 6 , sorry, but for me it is not fear, but atmosphere.
Conclusion: good parody on F.E.A.R. :)
Thanks a lot for very good mod!

Thanks for the feedback!! Sorry you didn't like the first level so much but it was really more of a story intro really! I was going more for atmosphere than outright scares so I understand your score on that.

Anyway, keep the comments coming! I enjoy the constructive feedback!

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 27.02.2008, 01:31Posts: 463 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.04.2012, 01:51 
Hey McKool... how ya been? You know I played your original versions of this mod or levels a while back? I like this final version much better. You and your voice-overs did excellent work. Best I can remember of the old version, this new version seems easier to find my way around.

I did have a few problems though (with Wars), every once in in while I would lose my reload key function and some others. I never was able to use my 'nades (g key-custom key config). Not sure whether that's my problem and need to reinstall Crysis Wars or if it was a mod problem.

Anyway it was much improved in my opinion. Graphics, voices, and animations were great. Some weird, freaky moments in there too... Good job! :))

PostPosted 02.04.2012, 03:38 
Quote by Geeman:
Hey McKool... how ya been? You know I played your original versions of this mod or levels a while back? I like this final version much better. You and your voice-overs did excellent work. Best I can remember of the old version, this new version seems easier to find my way around.

I did have a few problems though (with Wars), every once in in while I would lose my reload key function and some others. I never was able to use my 'nades (g key-custom key config). Not sure whether that's my problem and need to reinstall Crysis Wars or if it was a mod problem.

Anyway it was much improved in my opinion. Graphics, voices, and animations were great. Some weird, freaky moments in there too... Good job! :))

Thanks Geeman! I appreciate the feedback. One of my fears is that people won't play this version because they assume they have already played it. It's very different!

As for the issues you are seeing, I have not had anyone else report anything like that so I don't think it's the mod. If I do start to hear more reports of those types of issues, I will see what I can do. Sorry.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 27.02.2008, 01:31Posts: 463 Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.04.2012, 00:57 
Quote by McKool:

Thanks Geeman! I appreciate the feedback. One of my fears is that people won't play this version because they assume they have already played it. It's very different!

As for the issues you are seeing, I have not had anyone else report anything like that so I don't think it's the mod. If I do start to hear more reports of those types of issues, I will see what I can do. Sorry.

No doubt it is much different than the earlier versions, so I am glad I decided to try the new mod.

Also the problems mentioned are more than likely my own, since I've done multiple OS restores without reinstalling Wars. :cheesy:

PostPosted 06.04.2012, 04:03 
Well, I have a confession: The Crysis Wars version of the mod is so much bigger because I forgot to remove the Cry files. Oh well, if you want to play with the Cry files then download the Wars version and be my guest!!
I feel pretty stupid that I didn't catch it sooner but I wasn't paying attention to files sizes at the time. :)