View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.04.2012, 16:25Posts: 5Location: Los Angeles Likes: 0

Post Topic: Heroes - Very early WIP
PostPosted 03.04.2012, 17:41 
Heroes_logo.jpg

Introduction

Heroes was an American TV series that aired on NBC the series told the stories of ordinary people who discover superhuman abilities, and how these abilities take effect in the characters' lives. The series emulates the aesthetic style and storytelling of American comic books, using short, multi-episode story arcs that build upon a larger, more encompassing arc. In 2008 Ubisoft announced that they were making a game that followed the story but later on in the year they cancelled the project. The team here at Draw-Orb studios have found great interest in the series and we want to develop a game that incorporates the story of Heroes in a game that's powered by CryEngine 3. The aim with the game is to make the game feel fluid and comfortable for the player.

The Game

With heroes our aim is to create a game that is heavily based on the characteristics and powers of the characters portrayed in the TV series. So say if you play as Hiro you will be able to manipulate his Time travelling skills and his martial art and combat abilities. Another example is Mohinder and his abilities to heal and make remedys. In game mohinder will be able to fight but only with a pistol as his main ability is Healing. This is how the game is balanced if you have an ability you will be able to use different fighting mechanics attached to that specific ability as you increase level you unlock and develop you abilities so that you make your character stringer. The game is Multiplayer and Co-operative focused.

Characters

(Heroes)
Peter Petrelli - absorb and use the powers of other evolved humans
Hiro Nakamura - bend space and time also heavy combat skills (Samurai)
D.L. Hawkins - invisibility and phasing
Claire Bennet - Rapid healing from any injury
Micah Sanders - Computer fixing,hacking and decoding skills
Nathan Petrelli - flight
Noah Bennet - (no ability) but good gun skills
Matt Parkman - (no ability) but good gun skills
Ando - TBA
Mohinder Suresh - healing medical skills
Monica Dawson - copycat
Tracy Strauss - freezing
Meredith Gordon - fire pyro
René aka The Haitian - makes people forget there memory

(Villains)
Sylar - absorb and use the powers of other evolved humans
Daniel Linderman - healing
Adam Monroe - rapid cell regeneration also combat skills (Samurai)
Elle Bishop - electricity
Knox - feed off people's fear and turn it into his own incredible strength
Daphne Millbrook - super speed

(More Villains TBA in the next upcoming weeks)

Keep checking back for regular updates on development

Available positions as of 03/04/2012
Character Model designer
Animation lead

Official CryDev account of Draw-Orb studios

Last edited by Draworb on 03.04.2012, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.10.2011, 02:04Posts: 1516Location: Tulsa, OK Likes: 21

Post Topic: Re: Heroes - Very early WIP
PostPosted 03.04.2012, 19:13 
Sounds interesting. I loved this show, but after I think 5 seasons, it went off the deep end, and the stories were too out there, and it lost my interest. But this looks good.

"The DAY AFTER" set in an open world Chicago and NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DOjN0mAfGQ
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.04.2012, 16:25Posts: 5Location: Los Angeles Likes: 0

PostPosted 03.04.2012, 19:22 
@TheMagnumman357 Yeah i do agree the story just got to complicated and it kind of went off from there were hoping to bring it back like it has been before in a video game.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2643Location: FinlandStatus: Online Likes: 178

PostPosted 03.04.2012, 19:44 
Quote by Draworb:
@TheMagnumman357 Yeah i do agree the story just got to complicated and it kind of went off from there were hoping to bring it back like it has been before in a video game.

Weren't you working on some Max Payne related stuff a while ago?

PostPosted 03.04.2012, 20:02 
That was a different part of a development team i dont know what happened to their plans im working on this project with two other people but were trying to build on our team starting by recruiting here :)

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 21.10.2009, 19:52Posts: 543Location: Slovakia, EU Likes: 3

PostPosted 04.04.2012, 10:22 
Quote by Draworb:
That was a different part of a development team i dont know what happened to their plans im working on this project with two other people but were trying to build on our team starting by recruiting here :)

Sure, of course. Different part of team. :rolleyes:

C++ || C# || 3D Artist || 2D Artist || UI Artist || Animator

PostPosted 04.04.2012, 10:32 
Its true only yesterday i was talking to one of the people on that other team about this project i really dont understand what the fuss is about.

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 25.03.2012, 02:58Posts: 35Location: Estonia Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.06.2012, 19:17 
Is this still in development?

maku220 aka Blackwersus
webspace.planet.ee/markus