View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 02.08.2008, 02:12Posts: 1671 Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: [Tutorial] Porting Crysis 1/Wars Maps to Crysis 2
PostPosted 21.03.2012, 04:15 
Quote by jaLAlaBA:
Can anyone explain what actually causes the white areas on vegetation? How to fix it?
I know it has been discussed here before but since i have been away for a long time i would like to refresh my memory.
Also if i remember there were other problems with textures as well, some files neede to be resaved or smth?

Could you post an image of the problem, I don't remember specifically what it looked like. You can try turning down specularity in the TOD or .mtl files in the material editor. good luck :)

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.01.2012, 20:39Posts: 45 Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 15:05 
hi i comrade nice tutorial :)
I made ​​this porting cryisis wars map outpost : http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=87475

thank you tutorial ;)
sorry my bad englis :p
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 02.08.2008, 02:12Posts: 1671 Likes: 1

PostPosted 08.04.2012, 18:24 
wow! That's awesome, I like how it's an exact copy of the cw2 one, not many fancy effects added. :)

I no longer play crysis 2, so I probably won't be converting much more stuff. sorry
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 20.03.2008, 06:45Posts: 808 Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.05.2012, 22:13 
Hello,

I would like to port my mod "The Mutant Factor" to Crysis 2 but I don't have Photoshop. I have tried every post of the ported objects (or is it just the textures?) and the links no longer work. Could you possibly either:

1. Repost them or,..
2. Send me a PM with a link?

I would greatly appreciate it. Even once I have all of the ported objects, I still have to port the maps and probably recreate all of the cutscenes unless I can port trackview animations as well so I'm hoping to save some time since I use mostly Crysis and Crysis Wars objects to begin with.

Thanks,

McKool

PostPosted 25.05.2012, 02:32 
Quote by icomrade:
I have my own from wars, but it's an incomplete package. I have it up on drop box, i'll put a temporary link up while i continue to update them. The package weighs in at just under 500MB.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34006668/gamecrysis2.rar

Edit: this is actually all most of the files you will need to get mesa into C2 (besides the 3d models). lol, i forgot what one it was. I'll upload a new one with just textures when i get a chance. While i'm at it i'll upload mesa too, have fun!! I'm pretty sure that the terraintexture.pak got corrupted when exporting the terrain texture.
Note: Mesa was created for use in a mod, some textures will not work without editing.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34006668/MESA_C2.rar

I accidentally deleted these. They're back up now, sorry about that.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.05.2010, 16:17Posts: 586 Likes: 67

PostPosted 25.05.2012, 04:27 
Tip for correct conversion of crysis 1 normal maps:
DO NOT select the "normal map" preset in crytiff, select the diffuse preset instead, trust me on this one ;)
the specularity is ruined if you choose the normal map preset.

One moar shot :cheesy:

PostPosted 25.05.2012, 18:12 
@darkchazz you can also edit the settings for the crytiff plugin to set re-normalize to 0 in the Crysis 2\bin32\rc.ini file.

also turning auto-optimize off when exporting as tiff makes it super high quality. you should do that for all textures (as they were already optimized by the original texture designer).

Code:
; high quality normal map textures (3dc)
[Normalmap_highQ]
pixelformat=3DC
powof2=1
mipnormalize=1
mipmaps=1
srgb=0

; low quality normal map textures (can be less than 3dc)
[Normalmap_lowQ]
pixelformat=3DC
powof2=1
mipnormalize=1
mipmaps=1
srgb=0

Change to

Code:
; high quality normal map textures (3dc)
[Normalmap_highQ]
pixelformat=3DC
powof2=1
mipnormalize=0
mipmaps=1
srgb=0

; low quality normal map textures (can be less than 3dc)
[Normalmap_lowQ]
pixelformat=3DC
powof2=1
mipnormalize=0
mipmaps=1
srgb=0
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 01.05.2010, 16:17Posts: 586 Likes: 67

PostPosted 26.05.2012, 01:56 
Thanks for the info mate! :)
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3272 Likes: 2

PostPosted 26.05.2012, 02:06 
Im having trouble exporting my terrain.. but I will try again step by step with this..!
This is helpful and for someone novice like me its a good check list :)
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 23.12.2008, 13:46Posts: 378 Likes: 3

PostPosted 09.06.2012, 13:37 
Someone please please please convert Graveyard from Crysis Wars to Crysis 2 Multiplayer!

Also which maps did you convert icomrade and do you have links to DL them? Thanks!

PostPosted 13.06.2012, 08:29 
Quote by WaR_SPiRiT:
Someone please please please convert Graveyard from Crysis Wars to Crysis 2 Multiplayer!

Also which maps did you convert icomrade and do you have links to DL them? Thanks!

Mesa (sort of) theres no power struggle, links are in the first post. enjoy! not sure if there's enough players to even bother converting maps anymore, I've moved on to DayZ.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.10.2008, 19:54Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 24.06.2012, 11:26 
Hi all,
Sorry for my bad english but i dont really understand what the tutorial does.
It import the objects of Crysis 1, crysis warhead and crysis 2 in cryengine 3 ?
Or simply in de sanbox of crysis2 ?
Sorry for this stupid question.
Thanks !

PostPosted 03.07.2012, 20:34 
Quote by renaudyes:
Hi all,
Sorry for my bad english but i dont really understand what the tutorial does.
It import the objects of Crysis 1, crysis warhead and crysis 2 in cryengine 3 ?
Or simply in de sanbox of crysis2 ?
Sorry for this stupid question.
Thanks !

It does both, of course you'd have to make use of them for the objects to be usable in game. I.e make a map that uses the assets you just ported over.
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 22.02.2012, 20:54Posts: 417 Likes: 10

PostPosted 31.07.2012, 20:38 
Just wondering/just curious:

Has anyone ever tried to do it the other way around :D ?

Meaning: properly converting/porting something from the new CE3 Crysis 2 Mod SDK to the old CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK :cheesy: ?

Did anyone figure out if there is a way to just properly open/use it in the older CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK without any conversion at all? If yes: then how did you achieve that?

And if not: what would be necessary to get it running properly in the older CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK?

What would have to be converted/ported and how would it have to be converted/ported?

PostPosted 02.08.2012, 23:28 
Quote by please_REboot:
Just wondering/just curious:

Has anyone ever tried to do it the other way around :D ?

Meaning: properly converting/porting something from the new CE3 Crysis 2 Mod SDK to the old CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK :cheesy: ?

Did anyone figure out if there is a way to just properly open/use it in the older CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK without any conversion at all? If yes: then how did you achieve that?

And if not: what would be necessary to get it running properly in the older CE2 Crysis 1 Mod SDK or CE2 Crysis Wars Mod SDK?

What would have to be converted/ported and how would it have to be converted/ported?

This process would work for CE2 SDK, however you would need to use the old CryTiff plugin meant for CE2 since the 2 engines use different color profiles. You will have to make sure that the objects and models are in a readable/recognizable format in CE2.

I don't think that there is an option that does not entail some sort of work with anything listed in the original post. There are some semi-complete texture packs in the original post, one of which is mine.