View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 07.01.2008, 00:38Posts: 469 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Realistic Particle effects, reacts to the environment
PostPosted 26.09.2011, 23:15 
So, I have been releasing tons of particles lately, however this is the final package.

I have been working on this project for about a year, and I find it necessary to release it now before I forget it.

Most of the particles are custom made with my own texture sheets. My goal with this release was to create something that could look similar to the reality. I think I managed it.

I have created new explosions for the different materials,added new muzzleflash,new bullethits and much more. Would be too much to write down. Probably 200 particles have been adjusted, created too make it look even more spectacular.

- New rocket explosions for sand,soil,metal,rock etc.. all the materials have new explosions which reacts to wind and debris colliding with the ground/enviorment around it.

-Bullet hits, to soil,sand rocks, etc... the smoke follows the wind in an realistic manner.

It's just too much to write really, I have created a video too showcase some of the particles.

New muzzleflash, a much more realistic look to the whole particle system in Crysis.

There are way too many particles for me to write down, just try it out and see for yourself

Hope you will enjoy this package. Constructive criticism is welcomed

http://www.mediafire.com/?y5b6r135aesn1uo

README

Extract zz_particles.pak to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game

If you can't get it to work unpack zz_particles.pak to the same directory

Credits Halvor

Here you have a video as well, sorry for the poor quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqZYWALJRs

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.11.2009, 02:28Posts: 59 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Realistic Particle effects, reacts to the environment
PostPosted 27.09.2011, 03:48 
Just tried it out, pretty cool, though I did come across a bug when I blew up a vehicle while using this.
Attachments:

ScreenShot0001.jpg
  Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 07.01.2008, 00:38Posts: 469 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.09.2011, 18:06 
Quote by Draperc:
Just tried it out, pretty cool, though I did come across a bug when I blew up a vehicle while using this.

I will make sure to fix that problem, thought I had already fixed it. Is it the car explosion?

Any other feedback you would like to hand out while we are at it?
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.11.2009, 02:28Posts: 59 Likes: 0

PostPosted 29.09.2011, 20:55 
Yeah, it's the car explosion, can't think of anything else at the moment as far as improvements go.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2011, 07:03Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 05.04.2012, 19:13 
the link file says that file was removed