View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 607 Likes: 346

Post Topic: [TUTORIAL] Integrating Speech Recognition Into Your Games
PostPosted 12.04.2012, 05:26 
I Have finally integrated Speech Recognition into Cryengine 3 Free sdk And the Tutorial will be Part of my "How to create a RTS Game From start to finish in Cryengine 3 free sdk" So as always stay tuned and Enjoy!

Ps. A video of a few simple results will be up soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: here's the tutorial

Here You Go Finally lol My tutorial on Integrating speech Recognition into Cryengine Enjoy!!!!!!

Prior Videos Needed:
1). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/cc432848
2). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/cc482921
3). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb924350

Software needed:
1). Visual Studio c++ 2010 Express
2). Cryengine 3 SDK ver. 3.4.0.
3). Microsoft speech SDK 5.1 http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/4/3/B4314928-7B71-4336-9DE7-6FA4CF00B7B3/SpeechSDK51.exe

Tutorial Type: C++ For Cryengine 3 free SDK.

Major Topic: C++ Integrating Speech Recognition

Last edited by Richmar1 on 21.04.2012, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.10.2008, 11:28Posts: 388Location: India Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: [TUTORIAL] Integrating Speech Recognition Into Your Gam
PostPosted 12.04.2012, 05:56 
Which Speech Recognition SDK did you use?

RE
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 607 Likes: 346

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 07:57 
Quote by Rover Eye:
Which Speech Recognition SDK did you use?

RE

SAPI 5.1 Because it's the only one that is legally redistributable. A video should be up in about 45 min or so. Watch and enjoy lol!!!!!

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 09:17 
Okay Here's the video I Promised!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 17:20 
Here you go, Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!
My RTS Full Source Code: http://www.mediafire.com/?hll0uqt1dzflgr4

Please respect my hard work and don't claim it to be yours. If i'm showing you all my source code which is down right unheard of for a game that will be released commercially for the purposes of helping you get to programming an RTS easier I will not allow you to profit from my hard work. By all Means my code can be used for NON-Profit free games only. So you can change and modify anything you wish and re-release it if you want, but my code can not be used for any type of Monetary gain. :) Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! I will be releasing My Source code on a regular Basis from now on, so get excited :)

Install Instructions:
just extract anywhere then merge the Code folder with cryengine's Code folder Overwriting everything. IMPORTANT: back up your original Code folder so you can go back when you're done using my source code. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 27.10.2008, 12:02Posts: 207Location: CHINA Likes: 2

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 10:34 
wooooo, that's amazing.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 10.02.2012, 14:16Posts: 1 Likes: 0

PostPosted 17.04.2012, 10:31 
Really good job! Thanks for the tutorials ;)

I think it could be cool to use the commands for instance to easily switch to another not working villager or to have an instant access to the building properties/commands. I believe you have much more better ideas and I'm really looking forward to see your future progress...

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 00:29 
See First post for tutorial!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!! :)

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 03:57 
My RTS Full Source Code part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?8qpny7n5734fxej

updates since last release:
1) added multi unit selection which is still in alpha stage with the ability to select an unlimited amount of units

2) added unit formation support which is still in pre-alpha stage and needs heavy work

3)unit selection and movement is now implemented in c++ so no flowgraph is needed,
NOTE: Flowgraph mouse and speech nodes were not tested after c++ unit selection and movement implementation so not sure if they work but check it out

4)My policy on using my code for commercial and or monetary gain has changed so now anyone is free to use my code however they wish. If you decide to use my code in a game you would like to sell that is fine, go nuts.

Install Instructions:
just extract anywhere then merge the Code folder with cryengine's Code folder Overwriting everything. IMPORTANT: back up your original Code folder so you can go back when you're done using my source code. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 19.10.2008, 11:28Posts: 388Location: India Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 22:14 
Hi,

Consider posting your code under a code bb tag ? or just uploading the files which you used and not the entire code folder?

Otherwise people will have to dl 50 mb or more when they can dl much less ;)

RE

Quote by Richmar1:
My RTS Full Source Code part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?8qpny7n5734fxej

1) added multi unit selection which is still in alpha stage with the ability to select an unlimited amount of units

2) added unit formation support which is still in pre-alpha stage and needs heavy work

3)unit selection and movement is now implemented in c++ so no flowgraph is needed,
NOTE: Flowgraph mouse and speech nodes were not tested after c++ unit selection and movement implementation so not sure if they work but check it out

4)My policy on using my code for commercial and or monetary gain has changed so now anyone is free to use my code however they wish. If you decide to use my code in a game you would like to sell that is fine, go nuts.

Install Instructions:

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 22:54 
lol yeah i already thought of that just forgot all the files i modified to get my code to work. :P

but will certainly start keeping track of all modified files and just upload them!!!! :) thanks for the advice!

PostPosted 22.04.2012, 05:46 
My RTS Full Source Code part 3 (5.93 KB): http://www.mediafire.com/?zabtc7oz669awft

1) Completely Re-done single and Multi unit selection to increase performance and ease of use.

2) Completely Re-done single and Multi unit Movement to increase performance and ease of use.

3)Temporarily removed flowgraph node's "SpeechRecognitionNode", "MulitUnitSelectionNode" and "MouseEntityNode"

4)Created a New Class called "AIUnit" and with one of it's funtions, "CreateAIUnit(EntityYouWantToCreateAnAIUnitOutOf)" It can take an entity and convert it to my "AIUnit" type which will allow the entity to take advantage of the navigation system and other ai related tasks such as Goalpipes.
you could do this before but it took about ten lines of code and wasn't user friendly.
with my new class it only takes one line of code, you can feed it custom ai parameters to Make each unit unique, and is very very easy to use.

5)Completely removed the need for global variables

6)All my functions are now modular and can be used in generic ways so that you can use them without having to worry about messing up other code. Previously my functions had to be used in a certain order and in a certain way to work.

7) Removed numerous functions and variables that are no longer needed because of the reworked RTS System.

Install Instructions:
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 20.01.2012, 01:57Posts: 668Location: Bogot√†, Colombia - Istanbul, Turkiye Likes: 19

PostPosted 18.08.2013, 09:17 
Offf ya!!! Speech Recognition, WOW!!!

Please, don`t Kill me. I speak English so so. Some times i used google translator XD.