View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 05.04.2012, 20:38Posts: 130Location: Outskirts of London, United Kingdom Likes: 0

Post Topic: Recruting modellers (ENDING RECRUITMENT)
PostPosted 08.04.2012, 18:50 
Hi, I am Nuclearcodes and am the founder of Nuclear Studios, I am looking for modellers who can create cars for Impact, a derby game, in 3ds max or maya. These cars can include a minigun if wanted (preferable) and MUST include textures. This is mainly because I am not that experienced with 3ds max or maya and it will take forever to do them all myself. anyone who joins the team will not have to map (I'm doing that bit too) but animating or car destruction and physics would be a bonus and greatly desired! We have no current intention of including a single player but if it is requested enough we will reconsider. If any more details are wanted just comment bellow!

We are only taking people who can speak English at the moment, this may open up in the future due to multilingual dev's joining!

This project is purely to provide a great game in a genre that is not commonly used so please know that in joining this our team and creating games is NON-PROFIT

If you wish to have a part in the creation of this game but cannot model don't worry here is a list of other job available:

- Menu designer and coder (needs car selection menu and LAN connect/connect to IP menu)
- Multiplayer designer to build up multiplayer (LAN/connect to IP - servers may be included later but as the game is non-profit this will be low on our list of realise priority's)
- An entity modeller who can create vegetation (trees, bushes , rocks), Entity's (signs, roadblocks, gates, fencing, ramps and more), Buildings (warehouses, hangers, docks, airports destructible parts are preferred)
- UI designer (This must include a speedometer, health bar for car, map showing other cars)

More details for all of these can be acquired via PM directly to me!

The game this is for is linked on Crydev here and is called Impact: project_db.php?action=project_profile&team_id=1993&project_id=1915

Last edited by Nuclearcodes on 12.04.2012, 21:38, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 05.04.2012, 20:38Posts: 130Location: Outskirts of London, United Kingdom Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Recruting modellers who can create cars using 3ds max/Ma
PostPosted 08.04.2012, 18:52 
Edit: other post taken down!

any one interested doesn't seem so :sad:

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 17:11 
Any one??? Is it just shooters here then???

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.10.2011, 23:50Posts: 1731 Likes: 7

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 17:14 
mine is a racing game as well. :D

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 17:18 
Oh, hi just replied to your post too :cheesy:

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.03.2012, 03:29Posts: 22Location: Denver Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 06:02 
Don't get discouraged, you may have to post multiple ads before even getting ONE application! Just make sure you don't spam the board! ;)

And you may want to tell us a little more about your current project!

"Those who made a peaceful revolution impossible, make a violent revolution inevitable." ~John F. Kennedy

"Child of my enemy, why have you come to me? I offer no forgiveness for a Father's sins."
~Gravemind

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 12:58 
Thanks for the support I will see what I can add! Please take a look at the crydev page for the project linked at the end of the main post for a bit more and images!

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 21:36 
All open spaces may soon be closing as of a partnership between Nuclear Studios and Shadow-Tech

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.03.2012, 21:59Posts: 22 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Recruting modellers (ENDING RECRUITMENT)
PostPosted 13.04.2012, 09:25 
The trick I know into getting staffed on your indie project is daily updates on your vlog and/or blog. Have a thread about it in various game design forums and show your people your progress.

Post Topic: Re: Recruting modellers (ENDING RECRUITMENT)
PostPosted 16.04.2012, 19:59 
Spaces are now very limited and must now be PM only if spaces are wanted!