View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1213Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

Post Topic: Dynamic near weapon DOF of wip QM 1.8.5
PostPosted 09.04.2012, 00:43 
I want to introduce new near weapon DOF, now it is dynamic, part of new wip QM 1.8.5.
It change according how close you are to some near objects (<1.5m).

To see it clear, watch video on high quality, 720p+.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 05.11.2011, 16:26Posts: 1967Location: Czech Republic Likes: 49

Post Topic: Re: QualityMod v1.8
PostPosted 09.04.2012, 01:01 
Good idea Nenad! I really like it :)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.05.2011, 17:12Posts: 1213Location: Belgrade Likes: 6

PostPosted 09.04.2012, 08:02 
;) Thanks.

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10857Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 727

Post Topic: Re: Crysis 2 - Comparison
PostPosted 09.04.2012, 12:57 
Quote by Perox:
Hey guys, so i made a video and i don't know in which section i should put it.
I just put it here:

Take a moment to rate, comment or if you want to subscribe me ?
What do you think about it ?

/merged with Quality Mod thread. General Discussion: "Discuss topics unrelated to modding."

Nice comparison video though :)

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)

PostPosted 09.04.2012, 20:01 
Nice video, it is very hard to make it better, because I use some effects for head/cam chake in my mod, fov is different..., so this videos is not perfecty matched. It show very little, only from one level, if I am right, it is not pure gameplay, but I congratulate you for the effort. Thanks. ;)

Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 20.07.2011, 21:46Posts: 1426 Likes: 108

PostPosted 11.04.2012, 22:39 
:happy: Hey nice mod Pro'man!

The new slowmotion is really cool, and the lens sprite! I cant wait until QM 1.9.
Only think I don't like is the FOV changes when sprinting. Could you tell me how I could fix that?

PostPosted 12.04.2012, 00:01 
Quote by USSR_GRAND:
:happy: Hey nice mod Pro'man!

The new slowmotion is really cool, and the lens sprite! I cant wait until QM 1.9.
Only think I don't like is the FOV changes when sprinting. Could you tell me how I could fix that?

Thanks.
You can change it, use my flowgraph and just made changes, or simple delete those two nodes for that. ;)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 15.04.2012, 11:12Posts: 4 Likes: 0

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 11:24 
I just registered to this forum to say "Thank You" to the author(s) of this mod.
The mod is great, the performance hit is not that much (in most cases) and the quicksave feature is really terrific.

I was so excited about this mod that I told my brother about it, but he is having some performance problems since his PC is not really the latest on the market. He got about 30 fps with Vanilla Crysis2 but with the mod, he said that it is really difficult to play.

I know that you just explained how insert the quicksave functionality in the previous page using the editor (I am going to try it right now) but is it possible to export the "quicksave-enabled" levels so that I can pass them to my brother? I never opened the Cryengine editor so I don't really know how it works.

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 13:15 
Quote by daedalus2005:
I just registered to this forum to say "Thank You" to the author(s) of this mod.
The mod is great, the performance hit is not that much (in most cases) and the quicksave feature is really terrific.

I was so excited about this mod that I told my brother about it, but he is having some performance problems since his PC is not really the latest on the market. He got about 30 fps with Vanilla Crysis2 but with the mod, he said that it is really difficult to play.

I know that you just explained how insert the quicksave functionality in the previous page using the editor (I am going to try it right now) but is it possible to export the "quicksave-enabled" levels so that I can pass them to my brother? I never opened the Cryengine editor so I don't really know how it works.

Thank you, I am glad that you enjoy by playing game with QM.

I must say that I don't have to much free time, and it is not my priority to made all levels with ONLY QuickSave option, because of that I post simple flowgraph for people who need only this, so anyone can use it via Editor. In the future, if I have time I will do it, but I do not promise you.

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 13:33 
Quote by promuckaj:
Quote by daedalus2005:

I must say that I don't have to much free time, and it is not my priority to made all levels with ONLY QuickSave option, because of that I post simple flowgraph for people who need only this, so anyone can use it via Editor. In the future, if I have time I will do it, but I do not promise you.

If the procedure is:
1. Open a level
2. Create an area trigger
3. Import the Quicksave...xml in the flowgraph
4. Export it to the game

I could do it :)
I managed to get to step 3, but now I don't know how to proceed.

I created a mod folder similar to yours with the following structure:
qsave\
qsave\gamecrysis2\
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\AlienVessel
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\BatteryPark
etc.

Now, how do I create a level.pak file including the quicksave flowgraph?
Should I use "Export to engine" and then copy the level.pak from the original crysis 2 levels directory to my directory?
Do I need to do something with the Pak Editor?

I am sorry if these question are really stupid, but I never touched the editor until 1 hour ago.
If you can direct me to some guide I could manage to do it by myself (I tried the official documentation but I find it surprisingly lacking...).

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 13:57 
Quote by daedalus2005:
Quote by promuckaj:
Quote by daedalus2005:

If the procedure is:
1. Open a level
2. Create an area trigger
3. Import the Quicksave...xml in the flowgraph
4. Export it to the game

I could do it :)
I managed to get to step 3, but now I don't know how to proceed.

I created a mod folder similar to yours with the following structure:
qsave\
qsave\gamecrysis2\
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\AlienVessel
qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\BatteryPark
etc.

Now, how do I create a level.pak file including the quicksave flowgraph?
Should I use "Export to engine" and then copy the level.pak from the original crysis 2 levels directory to my directory?
Do I need to do something with the Pak Editor?

I am sorry if these question are really stupid, but I never touched the editor until 1 hour ago.
If you can direct me to some guide I could manage to do it by myself (I tried the official documentation but I find it surprisingly lacking...).

You done everything. On number 4., export to engine, you are finish with that level, you can continue to next one. After you finish with all levels, just copy level.pak, for each level, to your structure of mod, like you describe("qsave\gamecrysis2\Levels\") and that's it. Your mod is ready. :)

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.08.2011, 22:05Posts: 14 Likes: 0

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 14:55 
Thanks for the mod, very helpful!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njgqsBM ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 15:41 
I followed your instructions and tried it in a couple of different levels and it looks like it is working :)

Here is the link: https://rapidshare.com/files/2106033849/qsave.7z

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 20:27 
@QQQ1
Nice one, but I, personally, do not like to have AlienInterface all the time activated, you know.

@daedalus2005
Great! As I told you, it is easy to made it. Now people can download it and have only QuickSave option in original look of game. ;) I really don't know why Crytek remove those option in original game?!

PostPosted 15.04.2012, 23:20 
Quote by promuckaj:
@daedalus2005
Great! As I told you, it is easy to made it. Now people can download it and have only QuickSave option in original look of game. ;) I really don't know why Crytek remove those option in original game?!

Could you please test it?
My brother is reporting that the game stops working ("Crysis 2 has stopped working") at the end of the loading screen, but I dunno if he is doing something wrong (he lives in another city).