Animation & Trackview

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.06.2011, 02:26Posts: 137Location: Portugal Likes: 2

Post Topic: Cutscene camera clipping
PostPosted 24.03.2012, 19:17 
For my project I'm doing a lot of first person cutscenes. The default camera clipping plane is too large and is cutting the arms of my character.

Older threads about this only mentioned messing with the FOV and moving the camera away from the arms. This is not an option in my case. There was also mention of a c var called cl_nearPlane but it only affects the game player camera.

Is it possible to change this for my trackview cameras?
Attachments:

cameraclip.jpg

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 30.06.2011, 02:26Posts: 137Location: Portugal Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: Cutscene camera clipping
PostPosted 29.03.2012, 22:55 
This is becoming a major issue for my project. Half of my scenes are suffering from clipping.

Please, if someone who is very familiar with the engine could at least tell me if it's possible to solve or if I should quit searching for a solution.

User avatar   Honourable Member Honourable MemberMember since: 01.11.2010, 15:28Posts: 605Location: Orlando, FL Likes: 10

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 19:29 
I don't know much about the camera clipping planes, so maybe someone else can really solve this issue.
But in the meantime, my suggestion would be to change the fov of the camera to something lower.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 30.06.2011, 13:37Posts: 459Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada Likes: 3

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 20:00 
adjust camera Focal length :) in camera attributes on the roll up bar you may also scale the camera or try this

http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... son+Camera

PostPosted 18.04.2012, 20:58 
Unfortunately changing the FOV is of little help. If you look at my screen shot, the FOV value necessary to hide the clipping would crop 80% of the image.

SnowGecko, that tutorial has already been of great use for setting up my first person cutscenes, but there's nothing there to help me with the clipping.

Thanks for the help guys but I've given up on this issue. I'm mostly just trying to move the camera out of the way of the arms whenever it is needed. It's a bit of a hack job but I have no other choice at the moment.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 30.06.2011, 13:37Posts: 459Location: Ottawa, Ontario - Canada Likes: 3

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 03:40 
sorry sir maybe a different positioned shot is in order like over the shoulder :)