Latest Build Feedback

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10129Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 494

Post Topic: Vegetation
PostPosted 19.04.2012, 14:42 
Please provide any feedback/issues regarding Vegetation below. Steps to reproduce the issue are necessary in order to find and fix any issues.

Please keep chatter to a minimum in these threads so that it's easier for us to find important information. This first post will be kept up to date with any known issues. Any work-arounds will be posted here also.

Known Issues
  • Fit To Terrain option currently not available (CE-1525).
  • Procedural vegetation results differ in Pure-Game vs Editor (CE-1500).

Feature Request
  • Option to "use on terrain layer" for two or more vegetation objects at once

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.08.2011, 23:29Posts: 22 Likes: 3

Post Topic: Re: Vegetation
PostPosted 02.03.2014, 17:51 
Procedural vegetation chunks seem to render at a way shorter distance than before (75 meters from the point of the player versus 104 meters before) resulting in huge chuncks being loaded all at once instead of a smooth transition (if one do not lower the maxviewdistance of it to fit the new shorter renderdistance). e_ProcVegetationMaxViewDistance does not have any effect what so ever in this regard. I've also noted that the forrest level works as intended (the old 104 meters render distance) as well as my old maps (several years). I do not know when this issue was introduced since I've only recently begun to create new maps.
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 09.01.2008, 01:11Posts: 10129Location: Crytek HQ Likes: 494

PostPosted 03.03.2014, 13:27 
Proc veg isn't used in Forest, so I don't get what you mean by it works in Forest? How are you measuring "104 meters" exactly? What kind of vegetation are you trying to use with this system?

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 20.08.2011, 23:29Posts: 22 Likes: 3

PostPosted 03.03.2014, 15:29 
I painted some vegetation in the forest level as procedural vegetation on a large flat surface. Then I used the ruler to estimate it's maximum drawdistance from the camera. The vegetation I'm using is just grass.