View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Trainee TraineeMember since: 03.05.2011, 10:06Posts: 182Location: South-Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: Lost Children
PostPosted 19.04.2012, 09:04 
Not really scary. Actually he looks like a character who would fit in great with an over the top redneck accent, and being all goofy.

But then again i can also see that guy stabbing people. Then eating them.

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 11.11.2011, 07:36Posts: 838Location: Asia Likes: 2

PostPosted 19.04.2012, 09:19 
they look like Roswell Aliens :D

Role :Texture artist
My skills : Level Designer|Game Designer|Sound Designer|3D Artist|2D Artist|
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5447Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 152

PostPosted 20.04.2012, 13:07 
Quote by robe_id:
ok the kid is scary, may not say the same of the girl, I hope. tweaked the face based on the character of a friend:
http://tonysandoval.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4uvmv7

It looks very Tim Burtonesque; loving it!

Last edited by Adsolution on 15.93.2014, 05:29, edited 58 times in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 20.04.2012, 13:33 
They are made with a good author's skill, but they are themselves not great at all, may be suitable for nightmares only. That's fact, pure fact.

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 30.09.2008, 02:17Posts: 5447Location: The Land of Sinnamon Likes: 152

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 04:13 
Quote by andrey_filantrop:
They are made with a good author's skill, but they are themselves not great at all, may be suitable for nightmares only. That's fact, pure fact.

Your opinion is wrong, just wrong. I cannot describe in one word how wrong you are, but I can in two: "Very Wrong."

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 20.09.2011, 23:12Posts: 214Location: mexico Likes: 14

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 04:41 
thanks for sharing your thoughts...
...as this is a wip, which girl do you like most??
Attachments:

Screenshot - 20_04_2012 , 07_37_33 p.m..jpg
Screenshot - 20_04_2012 , 07_35_31 p.m..jpg
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 25.01.2010, 15:54Posts: 2053Location: Moscow, Russia Likes: 57

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 06:07 
Robe, I like left one more - she's more attractive, but to fit those first page pals - middle one may be better, imho.

Quote by RayFan9876:

Your opinion is wrong, just wrong. I cannot describe in one word how wrong you are, but I can in two: "Very Wrong."

I must ban myself being "So Wrong" :unsure:

Loving God gives you Happiness, Knowledge, Strength and Freedom.
AURAYAMA on Crydev & AURAYAMA in Russia :)
Portfolio: AndreyFilantrop on deviantART
Life by FlowGraph!

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 06:24 
Quote by robe_id:
thanks for sharing your thoughts...
...as this is a wip, which girl do you like most??

I would definitely say the middle one. It has the most 'spark' to it.

I must ban myself being "So Wrong" :unsure:

Yes.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.11.2007, 02:03Posts: 2828Location: USAStatus: Online Likes: 117

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 10:05 
Now now Rayfan, you should know better than to jump on someone like that! Hostility does not become you my friend ;)

I think that there is a good amount of skill being shown for this style. Im wondering though if you can do realism yet. Usually, most people suggest that you learn how to do realism before you stylize. That way you have easier time when changing and breaking the rules of natural Anatomy. And you don't get "Stuck" in a rut with your particular style.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.12.2011, 20:38Posts: 49 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 10:53 
Quote by themodman101:
Now now Rayfan, you should know better than to jump on someone like that! Hostility does not become you my friend ;)

I think that there is a good amount of skill being shown for this style. Im wondering though if you can do realism yet. Usually, most people suggest that you learn how to do realism before you stylize. That way you have easier time when changing and breaking the rules of natural Anatomy. And you don't get "Stuck" in a rut with your particular style.

Beautifully said. But you got the process down, which is impressive :)

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 21:46 
Quote by themodman101:

Did you really not get the part where I was joking? :P I thought telling someone "your opinion is wrong" was a clear enough signal that I wasn't being anywhere near serious. I respect everyone's opinion.

Quote by themodman101:

That's where it totally depends. When I started modeling, like anybody I tried to do way more than I could. However, even though I kept trying to stray away from realism, it sort of all came in one package. The more you model, the better you get a sense of every aspect, and I think the curiosity of anatomy may find its way to you, and you've done your research without even noticing.

I think one of the best (albeit weirdest) ways to learn is just by incognito staring at people on the street, the train, or wherever you go in public. Look at their faces, features, body proportions, everything. After not too long, you'll end up instinctively knowing what to do when modeling. At least, that's how it worked with me. There's no reason why it couldn't apply to others I'd think.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.12.2011, 20:38Posts: 49 Likes: 0

PostPosted 21.04.2012, 23:36 
Quote by RayFan9876:
Quote by themodman101:

Did you really not get the part where I was joking? :P I thought telling someone "your opinion is wrong" was a clear enough signal that I wasn't being anywhere near serious. I respect everyone's opinion.

Quote by themodman101:

That's where it totally depends. When I started modeling, like anybody I tried to do way more than I could. However, even though I kept trying to stray away from realism, it sort of all came in one package. The more you model, the better you get a sense of every aspect, and I think the curiosity of anatomy may find its way to you, and you've done your research without even noticing.

I think one of the best (albeit weirdest) ways to learn is just by incognito staring at people on the street, the train, or wherever you go in public. Look at their faces, features, body proportions, everything. After not too long, you'll end up instinctively knowing what to do when modeling. At least, that's how it worked with me. There's no reason why it couldn't apply to others I'd think.

Too many times I have stared at my relatives studying their face detail... It isn't healthy :P

PostPosted 22.04.2012, 01:30 
Quote by BlackholeArts:
Too many times I have stared at my relatives studying their face detail... It isn't healthy :P

That's why you should probably stare at people you don't know. :P

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 16.12.2007, 16:07Posts: 4713Location: Finland Likes: 12

PostPosted 22.04.2012, 01:37 
good job guys. another thread derailed.

http://www.TriangulateMesh.com
Quote:
(10:36:53 PM) puppy: crymono?
(10:37:00 PM) puppy: is that some sort of illness

PostPosted 22.04.2012, 02:37 
Quote by Olli.:
good job guys. another thread derailed.

Hey chill, it's anatomy, which is completely related.