View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.04.2012, 21:26Posts: 76 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Using Crysis Assets?
PostPosted 23.04.2012, 02:18 
Am I allowed to use them EVEN if I don't sell the game/Like it'll be given out for free.

Last edited by RohinParmar95 on 23.04.2012, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 11.07.2008, 20:25Posts: 11739Location: Nottingham, UK Likes: 86

Post Topic: Re: Using Crysis Assets?
PostPosted 23.04.2012, 02:18 
No.

Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.04.2012, 21:26Posts: 76 Likes: 0

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 02:40 
Does this include EVERYTHING the SDK comes with? Textures, sounds, models/meshes, animations.
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 17.05.2011, 07:43Posts: 312Location: Czech Republic Likes: 15

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 11:59 
Yes.

[(Mv+Hv)*ωv]/m => I <3 Δ+Φv
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.01.2012, 13:00Posts: 396 Likes: 1

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 18:14 
Its never been fully clarified as they have always stated assets cant be used but never explained waht the meant by assets.. anyway assume that anything within the endine is jsut for reference material and not to be used to published games :)

Some 3D Models I have done.
http://dragon3d.webs.com
User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 17.05.2011, 07:43Posts: 312Location: Czech Republic Likes: 15

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 18:24 
Quote by commando2012:
Its never been fully clarified as they have always stated assets cant be used but never explained waht the meant by assets.. anyway assume that anything within the endine is jsut for reference material and not to be used to published games :)

RohinParmar95 is asking about Crysis content in Free SDK. You can't use any stuff from any "Crysis" games in FSDK for any purpose... Doing so and even importing this stuff violates EULA stated terms of use :sad:

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 19:50 
What about the assets come with the SDK itself. Or is that all Crysis material that's been included for reference, and testing purposes? In no way am I complaining as I would like to know if I'm expected to model, and texturize everything myself. I suppose a better question to pose is "what am I allowed to use?"
Sorry if I'm being redundant in my perplexity.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 26.01.2010, 01:17Posts: 1146 Likes: 29

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 20:56 
The stuff that comes with the SDK can be used in a free game, but not anything commercial.
I think its still a bit sketchy when it comes to the various foley effects and particles (impact particles from bullets, impact sounds etc)

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 21:13 
You know, the point is that you can actually do nothing commercial with Free SDK so far, because it's ... Free SDK.

So feel free to use whatever is in (but not in C/CW/C2 games). Also - this goes in respect to licence terms of use of Free SDK - if you will decide to force someone to pay you for your work made with Free SDK => licence rules violation.

Basically - I believe that Free SDK will just always be for free development and it will never be possible to use it for commercial projects. Once there will be a possibility to obtain an idie developer licence, you will be actually using different editor (somehow similiar to that one which is now used for paying customers - yes they are using different editor - not MOD SKD, not Free SDK). I believe that with Free SDK there will never be a possibility to do a commercial project. To do so, you will need to buy a proper license and than you will be be actually using different development kit with "very slightly different features".

But that is just my opinion - I'm just guessing based on what I know. I can't say how it will be and there is no official statement I believe...

Just for Free SDK - feel free to use everything what you see it's here for you...

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 21:26 
As of now what paid license can I get that allows me to actually sell commercial games? Could you link me to the documents please? I can't seem to find any relevant information on it.

PostPosted 23.04.2012, 22:25 
As you say, you can't find any relevant info - that is right - correct...

Basically "you can obtain none" in these days, thus you will find no information on the web about it. You can obtain normal, commercial licence but prepare a sum with 6 or reather 7 digits (in $USD)... You must contact Crytek directly with this request. They will probably invite you, they will go through your plan with you step by steap and ... yeah, that's how things works.

In these days this licensing is heavilly based on personal access to every single/separate customer (Developer studio). So far there is no commercial indie licencing strategy - means the one which normal mortals like me and you "can easily obtain". This is about to be announced in the future by Crytek...

@Cry Team - please correct me if I'm wrong...

So stay tuned and learn with Free SDK for now and be prepared for thing yet to come ... :easter:

Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.01.2012, 13:00Posts: 396 Likes: 1

PostPosted 24.04.2012, 09:59 
Quote by khimari:
Quote by commando2012:

RohinParmar95 is asking about Crysis content in Free SDK. You can't use any stuff from any "Crysis" games in FSDK for any purpose... Doing so and even importing this stuff violates EULA stated terms of use :sad:

my bad i should learn to read hehe :)

Some 3D Models I have done.
http://dragon3d.webs.com