View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 06.04.2012, 09:38Posts: 120Location: My Room Likes: 2

Post Topic: Re: future of cryblend
PostPosted 28.04.2012, 21:24 
how do i install cryblend to blender 2.63

!True Artist!!Hungry!LovesNoodles

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 509 Likes: 8

PostPosted 28.04.2012, 23:30 
Quote by dee200:

you dont yet bud, i havent released it.
patience my young padawan :))

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 06.04.2012, 09:38Posts: 120Location: My Room Likes: 2

PostPosted 29.04.2012, 00:40 
Quote by angjminer:
Quote by dee200:

you dont yet bud, i havent released it.
patience my young padawan :))

Yes Master :]

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 16.03.2012, 15:40Posts: 8 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 00:21 
master angjminer where are you ;( i dotn know what to do... have you news maybe ?( :))
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 02.11.2011, 01:48Posts: 509 Likes: 8

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 01:29 
trying to get a vehicle going,
tires keep going to 0,0,0 not sure if it is my code or if if i am doing something wrong in the modeling/parenting stages,
i dont think it is my code, if i clear the origin and move it back, it puts it twice as far out,
doing something wrong, something so so wrong,
just like everything else the steps have to be followed to the t, ugh.

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 05:03 
im sure you will succes you so genius did cryblend making tutorials everything... just lets never give up becouse we want make our games :)) :D

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 06:38 
hay um are you gonna work on exporting colors and textures on the items from blend to cryengine

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 29.10.2011, 22:11Posts: 327 Likes: 19

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 08:41 
Hey angj,
You should e-mail one of the guys over @ blendernation.com once you release the official version, should bring some more attention to Cryblend/CryEngine.

#CryMod IRC
Remember kids : A Flowgraph a day keeps Ruan away !
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 08.01.2012, 16:37Posts: 14 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 12:19 
congratulations Angjminer!
The add-on is the best ! It's exactly what I needed for my game.
Thanks master :cheesy: !

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 14:15 
:)) :)) :)) master angjminer forever !!!! :happy: :)) :) :happy: :))

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 18:06 
Quote by dee200:
hay um are you gonna work on exporting colors and textures on the items from blend to cryengine

it does,
i will have to start a tutorial thread for this,
it does materials,if your textures reside in the proper folder it will even auto asign them(dif and spec) in the material editor,
vertex colors,
vertex alpha(for dirt maps), just rename your vertex color map to alpha and use red and black,
red = full alpha
touch bending for vegetation,
breakable and deformable objects,
for the materials to work
name them logically
mymodel__1__material
mymodel__2__material2
etc....
them apply material physics to the active material(which ever one is selected)
scale the joint which should be named joint01, 02, 03...
in edit mode
the list goes on..

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 01.08.2010, 19:57Posts: 370Location: Germany Likes: 3

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 19:17 
whats the best export type in 3DS Max for import in blender?

not all the Helpers get exported
best works VRML97 (*.WRL)
3DS and OBJ works out good but not the best

the bones are exported as mesh
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.06.2011, 15:11Posts: 10 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 19:55 
To Angjmer ...

Seriously i think you Should Just Release "not officially" The Download Links In this Thread

EVEN MAKE WEEKLY RELEASES !

So to EVERYONE DOWNLOAD IT / AND THEREFORE LET EVERYONE TRY IT AND DEBUG IT ...

Helping you Therefore in The Debug And Problems process ...

- Which would make you in the Point of Catch those bugs / And eat Them For breakfast
... with all the Help of everyone .

( :whistle: We just need to Look into Your Avatar And we Immediately Can See That You Are Eating Too Many bugs ... / in all that Overwhelming task / just Alone ... )

You need Help on that man !

If you make Weekly releases - Everyone Will HElp you _ Eating the Bugs for you ...

So Therefore you Can Concentrate Just on the Evolution of Coding ...
Wile people will Helping you / testing it in their several Environments ...

I understand that you want to make The "Release perfect"
- So that you can Release it with a Big bang Around here and even have The CryDev frontPage - Whenever you release it just perfect ... Yada yada etc ...

But there is No perfection For 1 Man Working Alone ...

I think You Should Make Weekcly BetaTest releases Available for Everyone to DOwnload it ...
ANd therefore helping you Improving it further ...

Anyway Its just the way i think and my 50cents ...

Personaly i Will Have to Move along / And i'm still quite Undecided if i Should put Efforts In CryEngine Or SHould i Work in UDK ...

I'm Just Waiting for your release to Decide that .

( i WOunder what will be UDK this Month Improvements - Its Just Sad that UDK Doesn't have a Global Illumination Solution as Geomerics UDK plugin Available in SDK - CAuse otherwise i would not even look at CRYENGINE for how SIly Owfull its is to put Meshes in it ... ) If Wasnt Cry ENgine STate of Art Illumination / I would not even look at it ... Especially Because udk Got More solid features and Doesn't Crash That often / and get a Very Easy Straightforward Import Without All those Silly RC Errors And hours To find them etc etc That cry Engine In Every Export to Cfg Plugin Gives ... We waste too Much Time doing that when it should be just Importing The Fbx And thats it ... As Lumion / Quest 3D or Unity .. Its SIlly we have to Spend so many Hours To just Something as simple as Geometry Import ...

---

SO i Reaaly hope Your "Miraculous" "Scriptaculous" Plugin does what advertises ...
But Even with bugs and unfinished i would prefer to Test it - To see how far can reaaly help and be a Improvement comparing all other Plugins Solutions / as Sketch up / Max / maya / xsi ...

Iv Heard that XSI Plugin is By far the Most Stable and Fast and not SO many Errors ...
But i STill Have to Find that Older XSI version somewere ...

--

I would reaaly prefer to try ANd install blender / just because of your plugin ...

Hope to See this Release Soon !

Thanks.

RPGSI STUDIO ADMIN

RPGSI STUDIO ADMIN
THE SOULSSHINE-ONLINE PROJECT
------------------------
www.soulsshine-online.deviantart.com
soulsshine-universe.deviantart.com
soulsshine.deviantart.com
Cry.soulsshine.org
soulsshine.org

Last edited by RPGSI on 30.04.2012, 22:33, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 08.01.2012, 16:37Posts: 14 Likes: 0

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 22:03 
To follow RPGSI i eat the first bug :D . (It may also be that I was too stupid :whistle: )

First, all works fine for me but after a while the 3D models appears in cryengine as a 2D plane :mad: (screenshots are bellow).
I haven't assigned a texture to them and named the material right. I also checked it for degenerated faces and added a CryExportNode. in the blender console are no errors or warnings.

If i did something wrong please tell me, if not i hope our master angjminer will fix this :happy: .

Blender:
blender.jpg

Cryengine:
cryengine.jpg

PostPosted 30.04.2012, 22:52 
Quote by 3Dragon:
To follow RPGSI i eat the first bug :D . (It may also be that I was too stupid :whistle: )

First, all works fine for me but after a while the 3D models appears in cryengine as a 2D plane :mad: (screenshots are bellow).
I haven't assigned a texture to them and named the material right. I also checked it for degenerated faces and added a CryExportNode. in the blender console are no errors or warnings.

If i did something wrong please tell me, if not i hope our master angjminer will fix this :happy: .

Blender:
blender.jpg

Cryengine:
cryengine.jpg

thats new.
make sure you apply scale and rotation to your model,
although that looks like a normals issue,
in edit mode select all,
then mesh->normals->recalculate outside,
hope that helps,
angjminer

@RPGSI
this addon is not the end all be all,
there is still a lot of work to be done,
if you can aford autodesk 3ds/maya
those are more feature rich atm,
it will be a while before this fully compares to those exporters,
but it dose work well enough to actually get a game going(everything but skeletal for now).