Off Topic Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 28.10.2007, 15:25Posts: 844Location: Denmark Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: Whose excited for MAX PAYNE 3, GTA V, and CRYSIS 3?!!!
PostPosted 08.05.2012, 00:47 
What I like most about GTA V is that the trailer seems to have taken more than a hint about what people want to see graphically. They're tired of mud and coffee stain filters, they want bright luminous and realistic graphics.

In short, it seems to have taken a page out of EnB's book.

User avatar   Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 17.09.2009, 01:08Posts: 334Location: Frogland Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 02:00 
Max Payne and GTA V just because Rockstars knows how to make great games, and Crysis 3 for sure by betting on the fact that Crytek will correct his errors from Crysis 2.

Quote by wootwoots:
I cant believe you forget DISHONORED !

Yeah, last CG trailer was kick ass.
Arkane Studio, which has already done Dark messiah should make another fantastic fps game with some new kind of atmosphere. (Steam punk in a Victorian's style )
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 15.12.2007, 19:42Posts: 640 Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 06:27 
Arkane Studios is also made from some of the guys who worked at Looking Glass Studios - the guys who made the Thief series (My favorite), System Shock, and Deus Ex. And to top that off, the art designer for it is the same guy who worked on Half-Life 2.
  Trained Modder Trained ModderMember since: 07.01.2012, 13:00Posts: 396 Likes: 1

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 09:05 
Not really excited about any of them.. GTA is probally gonna end up feeling the sme as the last time..

Crysis 3 guess we will have to wait, hopefully crytek will have learned and wont give us pc users a half baked console port..

Max payne 3 I so want this game to be good but its come out of nowhere so i can just imagine how bad its gonna be.

Some 3D Models I have done.
http://dragon3d.webs.com
User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9884Location: Finland Likes: 188

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 09:19 
I was sceptical of Max Payne 3 since the reveal that it would take place in São Paulo which would seem like the worst possible setting for a film noir -style franchise. I was worried that Rockstar would land flat trying to reinvent Remedy's excellent gameplay and style.

Since more trailers have emerged, I'm now convinced that MP3 will be really good. :) The settings are more varied than sunny São Paulo, the gunplay seems very close to what it was in MP2, the bullet-time gameplay is badass as ever, but what really gets me is the amazing quality of the character animations. The protagonist moves really naturally, and the enemies drop realistically. :)

GTA V will no doubt be quality. I didn't finish GTA IV but it was fun as long as it lasted. ;) Again the animations are great - I wish more games would use Euphoria... :)

Crysis 3 doesn't really excite me much, I didn't finish Crysis 2 either and this seems to be more of the same. If the bow gameplay ends up being really good and adding to the stealth mechanics, it could be fun though. ;)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.10.2011, 23:50Posts: 1731 Likes: 8

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 17:51 
Quote by RayFan9876:
Really? I don't see why you can complain though, you're streaming a whole Liberty City, which isn't a simple thing to pull off as well as GTA IV did.

• Just have a look at the houses far away. They are made of about six polygons. GTAIV needs way to much power to compute ~800 000 visible polygons. (that may come close to the visible polycount)
  • The shots stop flying and disappear at a certain distance.
  • No anti-aliasing.
  • Poor textures
And you want to tell me GTAIV runs efficient? :cheesy:
Question: How big is the world in GTAIV?

BTW: Do they use something like what is in CryEngine an occlusion proxy? That'll explain why it's that performance intensive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by the_grim:
I was sceptical of Max Payne 3 since the reveal that it would take place in São Paulo which would seem like the worst possible setting for a film noir -style franchise. I was worried that Rockstar would land flat trying to reinvent Remedy's excellent gameplay and style.

Since more trailers have emerged, I'm now convinced that MP3 will be really good. :) The settings are more varied than sunny São Paulo, the gunplay seems very close to what it was in MP2, the bullet-time gameplay is badass as ever, but what really gets me is the amazing quality of the character animations. The protagonist moves really naturally, and the enemies drop realistically. :)

GTA V will no doubt be quality. I didn't finish GTA IV but it was fun as long as it lasted. ;) Again the animations are great - I wish more games would use Euphoria... :)

Crysis 3 doesn't really excite me much, I didn't finish Crysis 2 either and this seems to be more of the same. If the bow gameplay ends up being really good and adding to the stealth mechanics, it could be fun though. ;)

I really hope they'll improve Crysis 3 and don't give the PC players a console port. But for the moment, it looks like the same **** like Crysis 2.
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 1

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 22:24 
Thats a point. RockStar do excelent games, always. But they definitely should learn how optimise a game.

And for me gta V is going to be the next gen GTA SanAndreas. So no doubt its going to be more than excelent.

For crysis3 basicly, it can be dangerous if they desappoint again. Everyone are already more than carefull about that.
Even if i saw that they will not produce a "nerfed" graphical version for pc, like crysis2 was. But well i hope they didnt forget thats not only the graphic who made crysis a so good fps.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2012, 06:11Posts: 82Location: Sweden Likes: 0

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 22:41 
There's just so many awesome games coming out this year, or early next year...
Diablo 3 comes out next week too...
Also I've been waiting for Guild Wars 2 for about 5 years now.
And Assassin's Creed 3 looks amazing, along with GTA V, Crysis 3, Max Payne 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Dark Souls on PC.
More than anything though, I'm waiting for Bioshock Infinite!
This holiday season is going to be hella expensive :xmas:

Computer Specs
CPU:Intel 2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GPU:EVGA 560TI
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB
MB:ASUS P8P67 LE
PSU:Corsair 600W
Case:NZXT Phantom

Steam | Email: Jseaton@oraculargames.com
  Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 18.01.2010, 23:11Posts: 1730 Likes: 1

PostPosted 09.05.2012, 00:04 
Guild wars 2 iam not really sure... after spend like 4years starting from the first gw, playing mostly competitive pvp, the GW2 look really like a crappy basic mmo because of the huge downgrade or the skill management and diversity.
It look to have a really poor gameplay now :/ to win in gw you needed a brain, now i guess you can play gw2 without any.

Btw dishonored look to worth it ! I can be just a awesome fps.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 03.05.2012, 15:47Posts: 99 Likes: 0

PostPosted 09.05.2012, 00:33 
Im waiting for Farcry3 :P ...

I hope this time the add a Singleplayer map editor and not only Multiplayer
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 21.10.2011, 23:50Posts: 1731 Likes: 8

PostPosted 09.05.2012, 08:18 
Yeah, FC3 will definetily be tested and maybe bought!
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 28.10.2007, 15:25Posts: 844Location: Denmark Likes: 1

PostPosted 09.05.2012, 22:46 
Oh yes Far Cry 2 was excellent, if rushed. Hope they learn the lesson with FC3.

Then again maybe I'm just insane.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 12.04.2012, 18:14Posts: 54 Likes: 0

PostPosted 11.05.2012, 17:29 
waiting for Starcraft 2 expenable content(the one that playz zerg this time),<RTS fan
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2012, 06:11Posts: 82Location: Sweden Likes: 0

PostPosted 12.05.2012, 06:20 
Far Cry 2 was definitely rushed, BmB, and It had a kind of MMO feeling to it.
"Go kill 20 bandits, come back, get money" -Rinse and repeat... Some might like that style, but it has no place for a far cry game IMO...
Far Cry 1 was an amazing game though and I hope they go back to the franchise's roots with FC3.

Computer Specs
CPU:Intel 2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GPU:EVGA 560TI
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB
MB:ASUS P8P67 LE
PSU:Corsair 600W
Case:NZXT Phantom

Steam | Email: Jseaton@oraculargames.com

PostPosted 14.05.2012, 07:33 
Far Cry 1 was dumb though. Far Cry 2 has one of the best stories I've ever seen in a video game. The open world is generally extremely well done. It's just a little bit too long and a little bit too repetitive.

The AI is amazing but the world needs to be more dynamic. And there does indeed need to be more mission types.

And I really think they blew it bigtime with the buddy rescues. Could have acted as a de facto lives system adding in the real possibility for permanent failure without being too hard on players. Instead it's just sort of a second healthbar that takes away your secondary gun.