General CRYENGINE Discussion

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.06.2011, 09:01Posts: 48 Likes: 0

Post Topic: First Person arms render camera
PostPosted 21.05.2012, 13:08 
I need some expert help....

I am tring to change the game.dll to see if it could be adapted for flight simulation, I am thinking about rendering the cockpit geometry within as a first person item/weapon to solve the z-fighting issue when your main camera far view is over 10 kms and your cockpit is at say 0.3 m

Are the first person arms/weapons rendered in the main game camera or in a different camera?
I tried to look at the player.cpp or playerview.cpp but see no indication on how it is done

I think it might be a different camera or else the arms/weapons might disappear when for example you get too close to a wall.

thanks
Fred

Author of Helicopter Total Realism
a realistic helicopter library for FSX

User avatar   Superstar Dolphin Superstar DolphinMember since: 16.08.2004, 10:46Posts: 9874Location: Finland Likes: 181

Post Topic: Re: First Person arms render camera
PostPosted 21.05.2012, 14:25 
Yes it's a separate view, the player hands geometry doesn't clip with the game world geometry for example. Can't say where to find the relevant code though.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 19.06.2011, 09:01Posts: 48 Likes: 0

Post Topic: Re: First Person arms render camera
PostPosted 26.05.2012, 12:54 
Thank you, I will try to post also on the programming subforum to see in I get a specific answer.
Looking further into the C++ code I see that there's are different rendermode s for the enity's rendernodes one of which is rendermodefirst person (or similar) so maybe this is a different camera...

thanks
Fred

Author of Helicopter Total Realism
a realistic helicopter library for FSX