View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.04.2009, 23:41Posts: 32Location: pittsburgh, pa Likes: 1

Post Topic: Re: create a RTS game from start to finish in Cryengine 3
PostPosted 06.05.2012, 01:55 
this is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome! I've always wanted to see a CryEngine C++ video tutorial. can't believe it's taken this long but wow this is exciting.

btw, if it'll be no trouble to you. Do you think you can upload the raw video files? I wanna show this to people at my school but my school's internet is wayy too slow for 1080p

User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 600 Likes: 337

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 01:32 
see first post for update. it's very important and it shows you how to correct a big mistake in integrating speech recognition!!!!!!! Enjoy :)
User avatar   Database Support Database SupportMember since: 31.08.2011, 11:17Posts: 600 Likes: 337

PostPosted 08.05.2012, 02:26 
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i'm taking a break from tutorials for about a week as i'm going to seriously dig into making custom AI "players". Cryengine as you know is not really a RTS system, So I am taking the time to develop my own AI system to handle how the AI "Player" will decide to build, instruct, when and how to gather resources, and when\how to interact with "us" the player. Thank you for your understanding and get excited for the tutorial on how this is done. So Stay tuned. :)
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 17.07.2011, 04:14Posts: 585Location: The TyTilian Core Likes: 2

PostPosted 14.05.2012, 17:02 
Hey Rich, I haven't commented in a while, but I am still following you and still loving your tutorials! Keep up the awesome work! Also, I was just thinking, you should really update the first post of this thread with the links to your source code. It would be a lot easier if the links to your source code were posted here in the OP. Just an idea :P Anyways, looking forward to your next videos! :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 14.05.2012, 23:16Posts: 2 Likes: 0

PostPosted 14.05.2012, 23:52 
Wow . this is why i downloaded Cryengine3 . Im very new at coding but im learning. Im always loved rts games like C&C seiries SC1 but best rts for me is been Dawn of War 2 and Comppany of Heroes. Thats my goal , rts like DoW2 and CoH ..... but i think it i will endup whit tetris in cryengine3 .....
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.05.2012, 06:11Posts: 82Location: Sweden Likes: 0

PostPosted 15.05.2012, 05:20 
He's apparantly taking a break to work on a remake of Seaman for dreamcast in Cryengine 3.
While you're gone, it'll give me time to catch up on your tutorials and I'll be watching them nonstop, richmar! :D
Good luck with your new project and i'll be waiting for you to come back to the RTS.

Computer Specs
CPU:Intel 2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GPU:EVGA 560TI
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB
MB:ASUS P8P67 LE
PSU:Corsair 600W
Case:NZXT Phantom

Steam | Email: Jseaton@oraculargames.com
User avatar   Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 11.10.2011, 18:41Posts: 903Location: Germany Likes: 10

PostPosted 30.05.2012, 14:54 
Hey,

i'd also like to thank you rich for the effort you've spent making these videos. I'm new to CE3 and digging into it for a week now. Your videos are a good extension to the documentation. Your way of presenting is also good. I like the kid in the background in your first video :]

thanks man,
Oliver

PostPosted 30.05.2012, 20:34 
Hey everyone just wanting to let everyone know that i'm still alive and well just been really busy with my fiance on the "Seaman" Remake. Please don't think that i'm done with the rts game or tutorials as this is not true and I will return back as usual to the rts and tutorials. thanks everyone for the support and staying with me through and through. By the way, you will enjoy the seaman remake. A little hint. have you ever wanted to teach your pet then share its knowlege with someone elses pet, well...... I will talk to you all soon and stay tuned!!!!!!

Your friend,
Richard Marcoux III
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.12.2011, 00:28Posts: 168 Likes: 2

PostPosted 31.05.2012, 17:29 
Rich just replied like a boss :))
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 06.03.2011, 22:17Posts: 9 Likes: 0

PostPosted 01.06.2012, 17:56 
Richmar1, good work :easter:
if you need help with content tell me :D
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.05.2012, 20:27Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 17:37 
Richmar1, im watching your tutorials. I know C++, I have my own 3d Dx9 library, an 2d game framework. But i started using cryengine. My problem is, can i make my games with C++? No flowgraph, no lua, just C++? Is it possible? And where can i find documention about CryGame codes?

Sorry for my poor english...

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 20:03 
Quote by super_nova:
Richmar1, im watching your tutorials. I know C++, I have my own 3d Dx9 library, an 2d game framework. But i started using cryengine. My problem is, can i make my games with C++? No flowgraph, no lua, just C++? Is it possible? And where can i find documention about CryGame codes?

Yes, you can use c++ for the entire game except for small things like entities which do need lua but yes you can use just c++. as for docs on it, join the club you're out of luck. Just use the official docs and that's it. but for programming they are virtually useless. hope this helps
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 19.09.2009, 09:30Posts: 2645Location: Finland Likes: 178

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 20:31 
Quote by Richmar1:
Quote by super_nova:

Yes, you can use c++ for the entire game except for small things like entities which do need lua but yes you can use just c++. as for docs on it, join the club you're out of luck. Just use the official docs and that's it. but for programming they are virtually useless. hope this helps

You *can* make entities in C++, too. You need a dummy Lua script for them, though (Even if it's just MyEntity = {} Lua-side.).
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.05.2012, 20:27Posts: 23 Likes: 0

PostPosted 02.06.2012, 21:05 
Quote by RaZoR-FIN:
Quote by Richmar1:
Quote by super_nova:

You *can* make entities in C++, too. You need a dummy Lua script for them, though (Even if it's just MyEntity = {} Lua-side.).

Thanks for your replies. Are they give a reference/tutorial pdf with license? Because http://freesdk.crydev.net/dashboard.action is very poor...
And Richmar1, i can understand your tutorials but could you give us that levels after videos? Because i want to practise.

Sorry for my poor english...

PostPosted 03.06.2012, 01:22 
Quote by super_nova:
Thanks for your replies. Are they give a reference/tutorial pdf with license? Because http://freesdk.crydev.net/dashboard.action is very poor...
And Richmar1, i can understand your tutorials but could you give us that levels after videos? Because i want to practise.

are you asking for just my levels that you see in my videos?