View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 22.12.2007, 18:13Posts: 138Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic: Natural Mod for Crysis
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 18:40 
Presentation

The objective of this mod is to transform the ambient atmospheric lighting to make Crysis much more realistic.

Modified singleplayer levels
  • Island - Contact
  • Village - Recovery
  • Rescue - Relic
  • Harbor - Assault
  • Tank - Onslaught
  • Mine - Awakening
  • Sphere - Exodus
  • Ascension - Ascension

What does the Natural Mod add to Crysis?
  • realistic atmospheric lighting
  • realistic dusk and dawn
  • realistic ambient fog
  • realistic sun
  • realistic night
  • realistic moon position
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Download final version

The uninstallation of the previous version of the Natural Mod is not mandatory, but cleaner.

For regular users

For testers
In this version, the Natural Mod is loaded as a mod, this means it will not modify your original files. However, it introduces some disturbances due to the way Crysis handles the singleplayer mods.
  • The savegames made with the original game are not detected when the mod is loaded and vice versa.
  • No more than 1 mod can be loaded at the same time.

For modders only
If you plan to use the Natural mod in your own mod, please mention the Natural mod and the original creator of the TOD file.

Installation
  • Launch the installer and follow the instructions
  • Launch the game
The Natural Mod is provided with a custom "System.cfg" that removes HDR glitches and enables all necessary effects to fully enjoy the Natural Mod. However, low-end systems may encounter performance drop with these settings, because it activates certain (very) high effects, like sunrays or HDR. If the framerate of the game is too low, open the "System.cfg" with the Windows Notepad and follow the instruction of the last section named "Framerate Optimizations".

If you don't like the light grain effect that appears during the night to simulate a low level of luminosity, you can disable it by entering this command at the end of the "System.cfg" file or in the console during the game: "r_colorgrading=0".

Uninstallation
  • Uninstall the Natural Mod with the menu "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel

Screenshots comparison

• Island - Contact

ImageImage
    ImageImage

• Village - Rescue

ImageImage

• Rescue - Relic

ImageImage
    ImageImage

• Harbor - Assault

ImageImage
    ImageImage

• Tank - Onslaught

ImageImage

• Mine - Awakening

ImageImage

• Sphere - Exodus

ImageImage
    ImageImage

• Ascension

ImageImage

Changelog

Version 2.0.3
  • NEW: runs as mod
Version 2.0.2
  • NEW: lite installer
Version 2.0.1
  • FIX: night script
Version 2.0
  • better night
  • better moon
  • better dawn and dusk
  • less bright sky during the day
  • darker shadows and inside (new System.cfg)
  • NEW: realistic moon position
  • NEW: grain and low saturation during the night
  • NEW: loading screens
  • FIX: clouds slightly orange before dawn on Island map
  • FIX: ambient fog slightly violet
Version 1.2
  • new Windows installer
  • less ambient fog
  • better sun color at dawn and dusk
  • better horizon color at dawn and dusk
  • FIX: less opaque light halos at night
Version 1.1
  • more light
  • better shadows
  • improved night light
  • less ambient fog
  • FIX: saturation too low when colorgrading was activated
  • FIX: ambient occlusion rate too high in the morning and evening
  • FIX: dawn and dusk too long
Beta 2 - Version 1.0
  • better dawn and dusk
  • less milky morning
Beta 1
  • realistic atmospheric lighting
  • realistic dawn and dusk
  • realistic fog
  • realistic sun
  • darker night
  • concordance with the ingame hour

Credits and thanks

Thanks to bumpelwumpel for his core installation script.

pydon, March 2008

Last edited by pydon on 17.08.2008, 15:50, edited 150 times in total.

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.11.2007, 05:25Posts: 98 Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Natural Mod for Crysis
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 20:08 
This looks awesome. I've always hated the vanilla TOD settings for Crysis. The lights were too dark and the darks were too light. Will this affect other configs like taowolfs? Because if possible, i'd like them both to work at the same time.

Mobo: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe | CPU: AMD X2 6000+ | RAM: 3gb dual-channel | GPU: EVGA 8800GTS (G92) 512mb | Monitor: Acer 19" Res: 1440x900 | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech G5/Razer Tarantula
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 22.12.2007, 18:13Posts: 138Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 22:31 
First post updated with new screens.

Last edited by pydon on 24.12.2007, 15:02, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 05.11.2007, 18:06Posts: 703Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 22:36 
Island looks fine, but the screens in the first post are crappy... sorry

o
L_
OL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 13.11.2007, 01:31Posts: 4 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 23:11 
Nice tunes for middays, tank's and mine's screens looks very interest. Others need to play to feel. One problem I see on the first post is dusk and dawn look identical.

Is it possible you share TOD settings exported in additional to level.paks because it has much lower size

Last edited by acidron on 22.12.2007, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 04.11.2007, 20:30Posts: 12Location: Seattle WA Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 23:15 
Looks beautiful to me! Keep up the good work :]

To keep an idiot busy for hours, read line below
To keep an idiot busy for hours, read line above.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 23:15 
I shouldn't have posted those screens, they are based on an older version of my mod. Furthermore, you will never see an entire day in game.
User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 02.02.2007, 07:25Posts: 5202Status: Online Likes: 253

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 23:17 
The sunrise and sunset are too red. ;)

My Crytek News Blog - http://bit.ly/aFSbnP
My Massive Crysis Maps Guide - http://bit.ly/f5ifhe
My CryEngine Screens - http://bit.ly/wIDNDJ
My Youtube - http://bit.ly/xIg1l1
My Twitter - http://bit.ly/yZtaoH0

Last edited by modsuki on 22.12.2007, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 08.12.2007, 14:14Posts: 66Location: Under your sink Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 22.12.2007, 23:49 
Looks interesting. I'll give it a try and tell you what I think. From what i've seen in the screenshots though it'll look really cool :))

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 00:27 
Quote:
Originally posted by modsuki
The sunrise and sunset are too red. ;)

You right, I'll modify this.
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 01:10 
wow, nice work :D couldnt you just release the tod file?
anyway maybe the colors are a bit too colorless...

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 14:49 
@Dark shadow, the tod file will be available on demand, especially for other modders who want to integrate this mod in their work.

Last edited by pydon on 13.01.2008, 01:27, edited 5 times in total.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 01.11.2007, 22:39Posts: 41 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 18:02 
Don't forget to read Important Information: Mods In Crysis for when the next patch is released, so users don't have to edit any of the regular files.
  Hardcore Modder Hardcore ModderMember since: 18.11.2007, 19:29Posts: 863 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 19:02 
the url do not work :(

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.12.2007, 19:19 
As I only modify the "mission_mission0.xml" in the level.pak of each singleplayer map, I don't think the mod will work when I read this:

Quote:
Levels Placement
Currently all Mod Levels must be placed in Crysis\Game\Levels NOT Crysis\Mods\MyMod\Game\Levels. This will get fixed in a patch.

I planned to release the modded level.pak (+ eventually the original level.pak for backup).

Is there a way to only provide those "mission_mission0.xml" (~2 MB x7) instead of the level.pak files (~50 MB x7)?

@jupiee, it's normal, i'll give a new link with the modified version soon...

Last edited by pydon on 23.12.2007, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.