View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.06.2004, 17:36Posts: 6696Location: Frankfurt am Main Likes: 0

Post Topic: Crytek Video Tutorial: Creating a PowerStruggle level!
PostPosted 31.12.2007, 15:33 

Creating both Singleplayer and Multiplayer levels for Crysis has become a passion for more and more people since we launched our Modding Portal. As mentioned already in our Christmas note to the community this is the first part of the huge tutorial update we have prepared especially for you.

Video Tutorial - Creating a PowerStruggle level
We are happy to announce the release of an official Crytek video tutorial called "Creating a PowerStruggle level". This tutorial is available in High Quality resolution and comes with full audio support. It teaches you the very basics of setting up a level in general and later turns into a guide how to make a PowerStruggle level out of it. Not only the design is explained, also getting your map listed ingame and creating your own prefabs is mentioned.

Updated Official Crytek Documentation
This tutorial is only the beginning and should be a little appetizer to what is following within the next days. We are currently preparing a re-worked version of our Official Crytek Documentation on http://doc.crymod.com that will include many new helpful tutorials and references.

So stay tuned for more updates to follow shortly!

Related links:
- Download: Video Tutorial: Creating a PowerStruggle level

Regards,
-Crysis Dev Team

Alexander Marschal
Crysis2 Project Manager

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 09.11.2007, 14:33Posts: 153Location: South Africa Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Crytek Video Tutorial: Creating a PowerStruggle level!
PostPosted 31.12.2007, 15:38 
Thanks Crytek!!! This is so awesome.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 22.11.2007, 12:45Posts: 70Location: Germany Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.12.2007, 15:42 
There it is! :)
One day after I extracted an alien power site and understand how to setup my own power facility...^^

Edit:
Oh I have to correct myself, it's not that what I've expected. It's only a simple description what you need to setup a PS map with prefab buildings.

My stuff:
Tremor (PS Map)

Last edited by sebotronik on 31.12.2007, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 10:14Posts: 646Location: Croatia Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.12.2007, 16:17 
Oh finally! I've been waiting for this tutorial and I'm downloading it now! Thx Crytek

-Small things make a big difference-
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 07.11.2007, 16:47Posts: 608 Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.12.2007, 16:59 
yey! I cant wait for the new tutorials to come out.. I have been waiting for these.

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 10:14Posts: 646Location: Croatia Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.12.2007, 17:21 
Why my minimap is all black? I did everything as described in tutorial, I changed the name, added additional text... I can see the player icon where it should and the objectives too but the image captured is just black!

-Small things make a big difference-

Last edited by bgavran3 on 31.12.2007, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.11.2007, 22:11Posts: 56Location: Romania Likes: 0

PostPosted 31.12.2007, 17:57 
Great tutorial!!! :))
Thanks to Crytek!
Good job!
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.11.2007, 14:37Posts: 25Location: Western Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 01.01.2008, 14:05 
Thanks, Crytek!

It'll be awesome when the full official documentation and other tutorials arrive.

MAXIMUM SIGNATURE