View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.01.2008, 00:37Posts: 1736Location: British, working at Crytek Frankfurt HQ Likes: 3

Post Topic: Realtime Water Physics by HavokSage
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 04:35 
Hello fellow modders and mappers, ever wanted more realistic water in your levels?

Example 1: The Water Barrel

When you shoot a barrel full of water you'd expect it to leak right? Well now you can make it leak!

See it in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Genome66

***UPADATED*** NOW VERSION 1.1

Here's the download (932KB):

Realtime water physics Demonstration

It contains a premade map (only playable in the editor for now... oh and there are some of my zombies on it too!) and all the particle effects used...
NEW TO UPDATE

* Flamethrower and Firehose!
* Use consoles to turn things on and off!
* All ambient particle effects (waterfall, etc) are turned off by default so it doen't lag that much. (to activate them click them and tick the activate box!)
* Tidle wave still looks rubbish but can be triggered by a console by the house. Its particles do not need activating as the sequence does this for you!
* HAVE FUN!

Oh and this is cool too!

I should get in touch with the guys working on the gore mod...

If you check my youtube channel there are loads of videos, I am making new ones all the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_on5-zbGR4
A sic Tidal wave video

Sorry I didn't get time for a tutorial, but I have to sleep!

Joe Garth - Crytek Cinematics Artist

Last edited by Cry-Havok on 02.03.2008, 02:19, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 17.12.2007, 23:51Posts: 102 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 05:11 
Cool to see you got this thing started. I suggest a better, more reliable host, such as filefront.

I should be able to put mine up in the coming days ;).

I also hope to finish the video tutorial tomorrow. :easter:

My Specs:
Intel Core2Extreme QX6800 @ 2.93 Ghz/core
EVGA nforce 680i SLi Mobo
GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb,
4 GB RAM
Creative X-Fi
2x 500GB HDDs
Ageia PhysX P1
Black CMStacker 831
Freezer Pro 7 CPU fan

Last edited by ShortStuf7 on 03.01.2008, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 16.12.2007, 06:20Posts: 1918Location: Florida, USA Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 05:19 
Good job havoc! Your explanatiion in the other thread really helped me! Thanks

User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 30.12.2007, 19:00Posts: 62Location: TO, Canada Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 05:45 
is it a good thing when i start it up it says:
Blood files missing + canott give 'Fists' equiptment pack to AI ?
I suppose not i guess?
i dont have a crysis/maps folder :P although i do have a crysis/game/levels folder is that were is should put it?

the dam is a very interesting contraption i scaled the water so when zombies follow me they roll down the hill :tongue: :D

- - - - -> DB + FG are the Database View Pane and Flow graph View pane <- - - - -
User avatar   Crytek Staff Member Crytek Staff MemberMember since: 02.01.2008, 00:37Posts: 1736Location: British, working at Crytek Frankfurt HQ Likes: 3

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 06:22 
I'm having problems with uploading compressed maps to filefront. so I used FileFactory. Its less of a hassle. It says Virus oversized.zip on filefront. I think its trying to tell me that the file has a dodgy size...

I've uploaded my latest Test map so if you got the one without the tidal wave redownload...

Last edited by Cry-Havok on 03.01.2008, 06:26, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 05.12.2007, 22:51Posts: 448Location: New Jersey Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 07:08 
Great job here HavokSage and ShortStuf but where in the map are the gory blood effects that you guys created (last screenshot)?
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 28.10.2007, 10:10Posts: 32 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 07:29 
Wow, this is amazing!
I made a similar mod for Garry's Mod on the Source Engine.
But this beats the hell out of it!

One suggestion, you might want to consider making the particles white if they are moving, and blue if they aren't.

Bite me.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 08:30 
Sorry about the startup errors they are just missing files, I'll include them next time. To get the zombies working edit there equipment packs to give them fists. That is all.

The blood guy is by the trees, he's just a static object which bleeds! He's got a hat on him...

sorry I put maps in the readme, I'll just correct it to levels on the next release.
Update: OK I corrected the readme file...

This is going to eventually be a mod. Its called Cry2O. 93confirmed helped with the name, and has joined the mod

and a big thankyou to shortstuff who is working on a video tutorial so you can do it on your maps!

Last edited by Cry-Havok on 04.04.2008, 17:56, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 05.11.2007, 18:06Posts: 703Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 12:35 
hahaha that blood is amazing... as i told you on youtube, you are very talented.

o
L_
OL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 23.12.2007, 15:41Posts: 5 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 13:46 
This is really good, the next thing to do is to make it look better - some of the pools have an unnatural blue. But the physics is amazing! :D
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 02.11.2007, 16:10Posts: 56Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 14:17 
Quote:
Originally posted by ShortStuf7
Cool to see you got this thing started. I suggest a better, more reliable host, such as filefront.

I should be able to put mine up in the coming days ;).

I also hope to finish the video tutorial tomorrow. :easter:

Hi fellow Facepuncher :tongue:

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 16.12.2007, 22:37Posts: 572Location: Lompoc...where else? Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 14:46 
hey havok im having a problem with ur mod.
It just isn't working.

here's the part I have a problem with: (from readme)
4) Open the libs folder
5) Put the particles.rar into it and right click it, on the context menu click Extract here

Okay so your directory should look like this

The Map "Crysis\Game\Levels\Physics2\ <All the files including PHyics2.cry>

The Particle file "Crysis\Game\Libs\Particles\ <all the particle files>
----

Apparently, I don't have a crysis 'libs' folder/rar file/mtl files/anything called libs. Nothing called particles, either.

Here's for my 3rd (or 6th?) modding project, and the hope that it all goes well!
  Trainee TraineeMember since: 29.10.2007, 19:31Posts: 105 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 14:47 
Bah, retarded question, how do I disable the tidal wave?
See, it's just stuck in the middle of the map doing nothing but hogging performance, it's cool to look at but it gets annoying since I can't do anything else.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 05.11.2007, 18:06Posts: 703Location: Germany Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 15:00 
Quote:
Originally posted by lompocus
hey havok im having a problem with ur mod.
It just isn't working.

here's the part I have a problem with: (from readme)
4) Open the libs folder
5) Put the particles.rar into it and right click it, on the context menu click Extract here

Okay so your directory should look like this

The Map "Crysis\Game\Levels\Physics2\ <All the files including PHyics2.cry>

The Particle file "Crysis\Game\Libs\Particles\ <all the particle files>
----

Apparently, I don't have a crysis 'libs' folder/rar file/mtl files/anything called libs. Nothing called particles, either.

just create the Libs folder in your Game Folder, and then extract it there...

o
L_
OL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 27.10.2007, 10:14Posts: 646Location: Croatia Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 03.01.2008, 15:17 
omg thats amazing!!! I cant wait to see more of your work!

-Small things make a big difference-