View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic: Squad commander - RC1 released - 10 march
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 14:03 
RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 RELEASED!

Finally a complete squad at your orders ;)

A good news for everyone that would like to have a friendly character, or a complete squad that follow you and carry out your orders. I'm currently working on a huge flowgraph that will provide characters with many functionalities useful for a complete squad system.

No need to setup anything! Import and play!

Screenshots/videos:
(obviously you won't see anything spectacular with them, you must play it...)

Screenshots (from the first beta)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Youtube video (from the third beta)
[youtube]****[/youtube]

AI functionalities:
-Follow you and stop keeping an appropriate distance
-Enter in a vehicle with you or follow you by foot if the vehicle is full
-Engages in combat enemies while keeping following
-Can be ordered to stop, form up, go to a point, enter/exit a vehicle, engage an enemy to attack
-New squad health system
-Automatically takes cover

Command keys:
  • num4-num6 : call member 1,2,3; and activates the following commands
  • num7 : move to position/enter,exit vehicle/engage enemy
  • num8 : form up/enter into my vehicle
  • num9 : remain in position/stop/exit from my vehicle
  • num / : cancel order
  • num * : emergency teleport
  • num + [hold]: heal dying squad member (you must be near and point at him) - new!

Known bugs:
(fixed = in the next version)
-waiting for news bugs...

Known limitations:
-Followers sometimes have a poor pathfinding ability, they are controlled by the game AI.
-The two civilian vehicles and the rear seats of the vtol are not supported due to missing animations.

RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 RELEASED

- reached 2000 downloads -

-> Squad commander <-

You can freely include the flowgraph in any mod/map you're working on, just give me credit
(and PM me so that I can know what happens)

Installation guide:

1. Unzip the file wherever you want to obtain a .grp file (object group file)
2. Open the sandbox editor
3. Open a map
4. Open the DB, database, and import (if you didn’t already do it):
-in the entity section “us.xmlâ€

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!

Last edited by Dark shadow on 09.06.2008, 01:05, edited 87 times in total.

User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 23.11.2007, 07:42Posts: 408Location: Florida Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Squad commander
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 14:05 
wait, what about F12, since that key issues taking a screenshot in-game?

-=TNt=-SHADOWEDKING
  Beginner BeginnerMember since: 18.12.2007, 04:09Posts: 37 Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 14:08 
wow this seems like a really good idea
finally someone is ganna make a squad based mod
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 22.11.2007, 17:08Posts: 4907Location: Switzerland Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 14:08 
The key are provvisory, some of the keys are already taken by the devmode for example (f1,f2,f3) I think that I will use these in the final release, at the moment I'm using f9-f12 cause they work in th editor ;)

-> SQUAD COMMANDER - a complete squad at your commands - go wherever you want / do whatever you want
----------
-> MAXIMUM CHALLENGE - a complete SP modification - the real hard campaign / more enemies / more action
----------
-> TANA's: Tactical Alien Nanosuit Attachments - Alien nanosuit attachments to expand and increase your abilities
----------
-> AGILITY FLOWGRAPH - Do amazing wall runs and jumps, grab edges and climb and jump everywhere. Have fun!
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 21.11.2007, 00:05Posts: 780Location: UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 16:24 
This sounds just like Operation Flashpoint/ArmA. I can't wait :D

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 16:38 
too bad that crysis ai isnt too witty...
But I'll try to do my best for this ;)
post also ideas if you want, maybe I will implement them :D

----------
----------
----------
User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 21.11.2007, 00:05Posts: 780Location: UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 16:57 
Well, they really aren't the worst AI ever.

As long as you put the relevant points and such, they can be very clever.

A lot of it is dependant upon the mapper ;)
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 23.10.2007, 20:55Posts: 109Location: HELL Likes: 0

Post Topic: Hoorah!
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 17:09 
YEA!

Just what I need! I was planning on implementing a system like this (ala RainbowSix Vegas) for my Zombie SP/MP Coop map. Saves me some work. Cant wait to help on this FG! Dump it to a screenie as soon as you feel comfortable...

4K1R4
:evil:
User avatar   Experienced Modder Experienced ModderMember since: 20.02.2007, 17:48Posts: 417Location: Russia,Saint-Petersburg Likes: 0

Post Topic: RE: Hoorah!
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 17:17 
And just what I need! :))Dark shadow you're genius!!!
Can't wait!

User avatar   Has no life Has no lifeMember since: 27.12.2007, 01:50Posts: 6478Location: Nottingham Likes: 2

Post Topic: RE: Hoorah!
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 17:42 
Brilliant, will be very interested to see your system when its finished, I have been working on pretty much the same thing for the past 3 days.

Mine so far features the following:

dynamic waypointing
suppression fire on command
follow
hold
Flanking (Flank Target Left or Right)
TeamMate Helmet Cam
Recon mode
dynamic team mate info
Team mate Voice Response to commands.
Team mate spotted enemies update on your map immediatly.
Enemy Tagging (GRAW style, team mates and enemies spotted are tagged in your view)

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=123145#post123145

Anyway, sounds good, will look forward to your version.

Associate Producer - New World Interactive
User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 13.11.2007, 18:30Posts: 150Location: Stockholm Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 18:39 
wow sound good :)

I was thinking about some like this.. but don't really have a clue how to do.. so keep on workin' :P

Post Topic:
PostPosted 18.01.2008, 19:01 
news :)):
-added vehicle:enter command
-added flash effect to show where you ordered your ai to go/enter
-fixed all the vehicle related issues (for now...)

----------
----------
----------

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.01.2008, 19:30 
double post for some news again :)):
-added a lots of sounds for commands and answers by ai
-added engage enemy command
-fixes issues related with the different commands (with f9 you can order three different things depending what you're aiming)

its getting more and more complicated and more difficult... but I will finish it! :D

look its huge :tongue:
(I know that nodes are not visible)

remember to post suggestions please ;)

----------
----------
----------
User avatar   Beginner BeginnerMember since: 27.10.2007, 13:29Posts: 60Location: Norwich, UK Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.01.2008, 21:41 
Why don't u use the numbers keys? 5-0 aren't being used at all i believe.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 19.01.2008, 21:50 
hmm... actually they are used for the debug gun and to change seats, in the final version I will put f1-f4 since they are easily accessible with the left hand and are not used (at least not in devmode) ;)

----------
----------
----------