View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post a new topicPost a reply
Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 27.08.2006, 13:33Posts: 1910Location: Austria Likes: 0

Post Topic: [SP-MOD] Dam
PostPosted 23.09.2010, 00:16 
[FONT=comic sans ms]
Dam
[/FONT]
Remake of N64's goldeneye level - Dam

[align=center]Image[/align]

00X - Bond, Jack Bond

In the last years I have created many mods and levels as you may know. A overview can be found in the Mod Team Page on Crymod. Today I'm proud to announce my last mod for Crysis Wars called "dam". It's a small single player mod with one level (dam) which has been created initially for the Crysis Wars Patch Day in March 2009, but i had to stop working on it temporary but it has been finished today. However the mod itself consist of one level. This level was created after level DAM from James Bond "Golden Eye" - N64 1996, Wii 2010 -. But there are many differences in design and gameplay! You play an crazy guy, which is so pissed of the Crysis 2 leak that he traced down the torrent of the files. The torrent is located on a dam in Austria. He wants to support Crytek so he needs your help to bring the server down. And to get some action you may want to destroy the dam too. Well At leased I wanted this since I played James Bond the first time and so you can do this now ;)

Comparison Trailer

I thought it would be nice to have some comparisons, so I created this video.

[align=center][videoext=800,450]http://www.youtube.com/v/laRApcNRfLU&hd=1[/videoext][/align]

Walkthough (30m)

You have problems playing in very high settings, stuck somewhere in the mod or simple to lazy to play the mod, then watch the walkthrough here! Warning: The Walkthrough includes spoilers and some beta bugs! Furthermore it includes only one intro and one outro, you will see alternative cutscenes buy randomness and if you finish less quests!
Everything recorded is ingame material (music & picture and was not changed afterwards). Following hardware was used to play the mod with Crysis Wars 1.5:

• XMG P701
  • Nvidia 485m
  • Intel Core i7 q7220
  • 8GB Ram

[align=center][videoext=800,450]http://www.youtube.com/v/1PcrGJBEaLI&hd=1[/videoext][/align]

To get information about my projects and other game specific content follow me via Fantasyhaze.com or Facebook.

Installation guide:

1. Download Dam (see download links below)
  2. Go to your Crysis Wars mod root folder: -> Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis Wars/Mods. (if not existing please create the mods folder inside your Crysis Wars root folder)
  3. Eventually backup an existing Dam folder with the same name.
  4. Extract the Dam folder from the downloaded archive if necessary by using an extracter such as 7-zip.
  5. Copy the downloaded Dam folder into the mods folder.
  6. Start the mod with the shipped launcher: -> Electronic Arts/Crytek/Crysis Wars/Mods/Dam.
NOTE:You can use this mod only with Crysis Wars Version 1.5and above!

Download Mirrors:

-[url='http://crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=5404']Download Dam @ Crymod.com[/url]
-[url='http://www.Fantasyhaze.com/cb/Dam_V1.0.0.zip']Download Dam @ Fantasyhaze.com[/url]
-[url='http://www.Fantasyhaze.com/cb/Crybusters-MissionIII_Levels_V0.0.1.zip']Download Dam @ Moddb.com[/url]

Related Links Crybusters Mission I && II:

- Follow Fantasyhaze @ Facebook
- The Dam @Crymod.com
- The Dam @Crysis-hq.com
- The Dam @Fantasyhaze.com
- The Dam @moddb.com

MOD Leader,

---___db___---

----------------------------------------------
Old content (before release)

Some free days are comming along and so I will finishing my mini MOD the dam for Crysis Wars. It's a small single player mod with one level (dam) which has been created initially for the Crysis Wars Patch Day in March 2009, but i had to stop working on it. However I will continue mapping now. (Don't take the logo too seriously ;) a small map just needs a nano- suit )

The mod itself consist of one level. This level was created after level DAM from James Bond "Golden Eye" - N64 1996, Wii 2010 -. But there are many differences in design and gameplay! You play an crazy Soldier, which wants to destroy a dam in Austria, because he thinks that his goverment hides a secret military base in the dam.

Some screenshots from my Portfolio (Effective 2009): http://forum.fantasyhaze.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3609

[align=center]Image
Image[/align]

I hope you like the provided screens and you leave me some feedback!
Following picture shows current level design process and will be updated continuesly:

Sniper tower from the beginning. Raineffects, guards and bad weather creates some unique athmosphere.

[align=center]Image
[/align]

Created new workaround for indoor-rain-shader problem. Added Destroyable lights and glasses for windows of the watch towers.

Created some new soundspots and areas, including more water effects for a rainy mood!

[align=center]Image
[/align]

Bridge scene from Dam level spawn position:
[align=center]
new (2010)
old (2009)
[/align]

The dam, a big building somewhere in Austrian natura. Maybe you can see the little secret island from original game from 1996?
[align=center]
[/align]

Comparinson picture which shows the start tower, where you can find the sniper.
[align=center]
new (2010)
old (2009)
[/align]

Dam entrace, of course it is locked for security reasons ;)

Every mountain environment has some observation deck, altough it's raining, you have a very nice and clear view from there.

The sight is great, in distance you can see some bolt while you hear some thunder.

Amory base is the last location before the dam. Guards are patrolling even in rain, be carefull if you want to avoid a fight!

Update 16.02.2011

Due to the f***ing leak of Crysis 2 I'll finish my last mod for Crysis Wars in the next weeks before Crysis 2 official release. Therefore "The dam" got a new storyline - here's the loadscreen. My way to support Crytek - YOU ROCK!

Update 03.03.2011

The story has been updated due to the fact that Crysis 2 was leaked. Furthermore I can tell you that the final alpha test is currently over and the beta test will start in the next view hours. This means that the mod may be available soon, so stay connected and check back in the next days or like Fantasyhaze on facebook!

The loadscreen shows you the story, read it and fight it :sniper:

Rainy day in austria, which happens quite too often.

Quite foggy mountains in the back, it's rainy and normal world beauty :)

The dam as it's own, nearly final Version with some live :rocket:

Some more screens of my progress can be watched directly on facebook by follow me via Fantasyhaze, you will get progressinformation much faster when follow me on facebook.

Related Links:

Discussion: @ [url='http://forum.fantasyhaze.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=611']Fantasyhaze.com[/url]
Discussion: @ [url='http://crysis.4thdimension.info/forum/showthread.php?p=474930']Crysis-hq.com[/url]
Discussion: @ Facebook
Information: @ MODDB.com

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 07.03.2011, 16:28, edited 16 times in total.

User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 04.04.2010, 18:17Posts: 1389Location: Canada Eh ! Likes: 20

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.09.2010, 17:19 
Coolio !

:D

User avatar   Trainee TraineeMember since: 20.01.2008, 00:24Posts: 194Location: Wisconsin, USA Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.09.2010, 20:07 
Looks good. One idea, maybe add some small bushes and grass to the area around the tree in the second screenshot. (Next to the rocks)
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 27.08.2006, 13:33Posts: 1910Location: Austria Likes: 0

Post Topic:
PostPosted 23.09.2010, 22:12 
Well, atm it looks like that:

and on a closer look it seems to have some leaves and that stuff, so I'm not sure if bushes would fit to there at all (if this is the section you mentioned above)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.09.2010, 10:51 
Created new workaround for indoor-rain-shader problem. Added Destroyable lights and glasses for windows of the watch towers.

Created some new soundspots and areas, including more water effects for a rainy mood!

[align=center]Image
[/align]

Bridge scene from Dam level spawn position:
[align=center]
new (2010)
old (2009)
[/align]

The dam, a big building somewhere in Austrian natura. Maybe you can see the little secret island from original game from 1996?
[align=center]
[/align]

User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3271 Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.09.2010, 11:16 
wow.. I like GoldenEye but no snow?? I thought since Crysis has great snow effects it would be there???
sound like a lil time.. ;)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 24.09.2010, 13:28 
Yeah, there could be snow, but I decided to give the map a badass rain weather because snow has every dam map ;)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.09.2010, 11:16 
Some progress was made, updated first post with more screens :) Hope you like it!

Dam entrace, of course it is locked for security reasons ;)

Every mountain environment has some observation deck, altough it's raining, you have a very nice and clear view from there.

The sight is great, in distance you can see some bolt while you hear some thunder.

Amory base is the last location before the dam. Guards are patrolling even in rain, be carefull if you want to avoid a fight!

Don't forget to follow Fantasyhaze on Facebook to get first hand information :)

User avatar   Skilled Modder Skilled ModderMember since: 18.02.2009, 13:32Posts: 601Location: Back in my home Likes: 3

Post Topic:
PostPosted 25.09.2010, 12:22 
Neat stuff man, love the rainy atmosphere, hope to see more soon.

Last edited by Fixers2010 on 25.09.2010, 12:33, edited 2 times in total.

Post Topic:
PostPosted 26.09.2010, 12:33 
Thx guys :)

As always in my projects I'll ship the sourcefiles of the mod directly with release version ;)

Same thing as I have done with

Crybusters - Mission I - Crysis Wars Edition
CrysisWarsSP
Crybusters Mission II - Cryst and Devil
Yome
Orangrey
PSPRemote
X900

so I'm 100% sure .cry file will be released too ;)

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 26.09.2010, 12:40, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar   24/7 Modder 24/7 ModderMember since: 12.04.2007, 16:51Posts: 3271 Likes: 2

Post Topic:
PostPosted 29.09.2010, 05:04 
your like a composer in a symphony...

your work is going in a good direction i see though :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 09.10.2010, 22:37 
Yeah, and symphony... Got a soundtrack now :)

Post Topic:
PostPosted 16.02.2011, 17:30 
Update 16.02.2011

Due to the f***ing leak of Crysis 2 I'll finish my last mod for Crysis Wars in the next weeks before Crysis 2 official release. Therefore "The dam" got a new storyline - here's the loadscreen. My way to support Crytek - YOU ROCK!

Last edited by ---___db___--- on 03.03.2011, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar   Uber Modder Uber ModderMember since: 15.01.2011, 23:00Posts: 1227 Likes: 28

Post Topic:
PostPosted 16.02.2011, 17:46 
Yeah death to Crisileaks ^^ by Nomadian Sykessange

"The cake is NOT a lie!"

NO support via pm!